You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Could giant carnivorous theropods have lifted up their sauropod prey?

Started by sauroid, May 02, 2015, 10:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Paleogene Pals

A bit of fantasy, but I don't believe that it could happen exactly like that in reality. They would be more likely squabbling over the prey item.

spinosaurus1

perhaps they are squabbling. I've seen plenty of videos of monitor lizards and particular species of gull such as the giant petrel who would engage in a tug of war for a prey item. tugging behavior like this isn't out of the ordinary.

Mamasaurus

The painting looks a bit awkward to me.  I think it would be very believable for the two to be squabbling over it, but something of that size should be on the ground, perhaps partially lifted.  It would be more plausible to be lifted like in the painting if the sauropod where smaller, which is a detail the article says was changed in a revised version of the painting. 😊

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Derek.McManus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.