You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Free Dinosaur Paleobiology Online Course from the University of Alberta

Started by JoeCamaro, April 21, 2015, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeCamaro

Hello
I was browsing the web for free online courses and I found this:
Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

The description says the following:
Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week.

I thought this may be of interest for some mebers so I am sharing it.

JoeCamaro

Patrx

Chad

I just finished taking this. It was fun to do but, fair warning, it is very, very basic. If you have a good knowledge base on dinosaurs most of it will be stuff you already know.

Pachyrhinosaurus

A friend of mine told me about this a year ago, but I only started this earlier this month. As said, really basic as of the first few lectures. One question I remember was to identify two ornithopods out of tyrannosaurus, iguanodon, edmontosaurus, and triceratops. And there was another asking whether pachyrhinosaurus was a ceratopsian or not.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.