You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo Capsule Q prehistoric marine life

Started by brettnj, May 01, 2015, 01:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

After a quick look, I thought subject redundancy.  But actual sculpture redundancy?

Kaiyodo Capsule Q prehistoric marine invertebrates...

http://dai4.com/item/1995

DinoLord

Seems like all they did was add some bases to repainted Dinotales sculpts (which didn't need bases in the first place).

sauroid

i wonder if they are made of the usual brittle material or the more durable pliable plastic...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

They also appear to be one piece. I don't know about anyone else here, but my Kaiyodo Bothriolepis shed its pectoral fins constantly until I glued them in place. I also generally prefer my marine things to have bases, although I think you're right that these sculpts didn't quite require them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Chad

A little disappointing they're recycling the sculpts for these. 

DinoLord

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 01, 2015, 02:05:35 PM
They also appear to be one piece. I don't know about anyone else here, but my Kaiyodo Bothriolepis shed its pectoral fins constantly until I glued them in place. I also generally prefer my marine things to have bases, although I think you're right that these sculpts didn't quite require them.

Was yours version A (purple) or version B (brown)? I find that some of the Series 1 figures do not fit together well in their first incarnations, but that the version B sculpts stay together much better (particularly the Axelrodichthys).

Halichoeres

Quote from: DinoLord on May 01, 2015, 03:00:28 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on May 01, 2015, 02:05:35 PM

Was yours version A (purple) or version B (brown)? I find that some of the Series 1 figures do not fit together well in their first incarnations, but that the version B sculpts stay together much better (particularly the Axelrodichthys).
You called it--I have version A.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Now this is indeed a disappointing new capsule. No new sculpts, and I can't say the new paint jobs are particularly thrilling.

CityRaptor

Those seem to be at least partially resculpted other than adding a base. Compare the new Pterygotus to the one from Series 7:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Megalosaurus

Well I like the originals (and have some of them), but I also want this set.
Even if I get this set I'll still be looking for the colorful Pterygotus S7 (for a fair price). So I don't think this really affects the sellers of the originals.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!