News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Fuzzy" logic

Started by Tyrannosauron, May 22, 2015, 02:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosauron

Just in case anyone here lives around Portland, Oregon and might be interested, I figured I'd share information about a public lecture I'm giving to coincide with the release of Jurassic World. I'll be talking about phylogenetic bracketing and the concepts in logic and philosophy that are necessary to understand the evidence for dinosaur feathers. It's non-technical and open to the public (the cover charge goes towards food and drink), so all are welcome. A special effects artist from the original movie attended the last time I gave this lecture and she really liked, so at least it's got that endorsement!

Here's a link to more information: http://www.linfield.edu/alumni/alumni-events/pubs-and-profs.html

(Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, but this seemed like the best option to me. Feel free to relocate if appropriate!)

Halichoeres

Cool! I'll forward to my sister who lives there.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.