News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Don't know where to start

Started by Monkeysaurus, July 28, 2015, 05:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeysaurus

Hey everyone. My name is Ben from New Hampshire USA, I'm 30 years old, and I have a tattoo on my arm of a saurapod with the words "never forget" under it, lol. I got it so that I never take life too seriously. It's safe to say that I'll probably never grow out of my dinosaur phase. I've been recently collecting both rebor and papo. I'll post some photos of my collection here. I've been hooked on this forum for quite a while, looking at the customs, dioramas, feather debates, and rebor controversies. That's all for now, take care.

P.S how does one post photos?
Thanks
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Uroplatus

Welcome to the DTF. :)

Looking forward to see your collection.

Monkeysaurus

Thanks. I'll put up some pictures as soon as I figure out how to, lol. I should also add that while I enjoy accuracy, I tend to lean more towards the more lifelike models over the more anatomically correct ones, hence papo and rebor.

DinoToyForum

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the forum. :) Instructions how to post images are here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

One other thing, would you mind changing you username to something a little less...crude? MonkeyPaws maybe? It is sure to draw negative attention otherwise. Thanks in advance for your understanding :)

Monkeysaurus

You got it. How does Monkeysaurus sound? Thanks for the instructions.

Patrx

Welcome! Excellent username change, I think.

DinoToyForum

Thanks Monkeysaurus, I like it  :D

Oh, and there's a dinosaur tattoo thread somewhere you could participate in.  8) I can't remember where though!

Patrx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 28, 2015, 07:51:29 PM
Oh, and there's a dinosaur tattoo thread somewhere you could participate in.  8) I can't remember where though!

Here it is! Not exactly active these days, but hey, it's still there.

Halichoeres

Well now I'm curious about what the older, cruder username was. But nevermind, welcome Ben!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 28, 2015, 08:01:10 PM
Well now I'm curious about what the older, cruder username was. But nevermind, welcome Ben!
Monkeys + the two paired male reproductive organs.

Anyway welcome to the forum Monkeysaurus.

amargasaurus cazaui

Welcome to the forum Ben, hope you enjoy yourself and look forward to seeing your collection....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dinomike

Welcome to the forum! I'd like to see your tattoo, sounds cool!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Monkeysaurus

It was a nickname given to me a while back, however I should have asked prior to posting if it was too inappropriate. Here are most of my dinosaurs here's another angle and the spinosaurus with a tasty sawfish I just wish papo made it with the proper notch in its snout. I also wish I had the room to put each species of dinosaur in an age appropriate setting relative to other dinosaurs - ie late Cretaceous animals native to the western U.S like T-Rex and triceratops in a diorama setting together, or allosaurus with stegosaurs etc.
Quote from: Dinomike on July 28, 2015, 10:19:02 PM
Welcome to the forum! I'd like to see your tattoo, sounds cool!
you can kind of see it in my profile picture. That's me standing in a fossilized Acrocanthosaurus footstep in Dinosaur Valley State Park in Texas btw. Thank you all for the very warm welcome. What do you guys think of the new Jurassic World movie? I don't even want to see it on account of how unrealistic the series has gotten, not only in CGI, but in science as well. Take care

Halichoeres

Thanks for that, tq--would've bothered me all week!

Monkeysaurus, your photo links aren't working for me...I think you want the img code you paste to end in "jpg" rather than "htm." Next to each photo in your photobucket, there's a bit of code that looks something like "[IMG ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/yourusername/yourphoto.jpg[ /IMG]" but without the spaces that should work.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Monkeysaurus

Monkeysaurus

Finally! Thanks Halichoeres. Here is the Spino with a sawfish
Here's another angle and my favorite dinosaur - carnotaurus - standing on the Rebor's Yutrannus Rock

Halichoeres

Glad I could help! Nice setup you've got going.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.