News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I missed something...

Started by alexeratops, August 12, 2015, 12:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

I'm not gonna spice this up with a big intro... cut to the chase. Is Tupuxuara the same as Tapejara? Like Bronto into Apato. What changed?
like a bantha!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Both are tapejarids, but no, the genera are not synonymous. "Tapejara" imperator was put in a different genus to be Tupandactylus imperator, but tupuxuara is much more closely related to thalassodromeus.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

stargatedalek

There are several species of both Tupandactylus and Tapejara, all rather distinctive. Some of the species from Tapejara were removed and given their own genus of Tupandactylus.

Tupuxuara, while related, is not and never was synonymous with either genus Tupandactylus or Tapejara to the best of my knowledge.

alexeratops

Oh I'm sorry guys! I mixed Tupuxuara with Tupandactylus! Thank you for the update ! :D
like a bantha!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.