News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Waiphoon figures

Started by Ikessauro, August 07, 2014, 01:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I should have pics tomorrow, my camera is still not in working order
but they look identical to those ones, unless there is any text on them there will be no telling them apart

deanm

I have both figures. Both are packed now so I can't put them side by side for  comparison shot.

At least for the Rhamp. figure the Waiphoon figure is about twice the size of the one shown in the "bootleg series of 8 figures". If you compare the figure in the original post (the one with all of the Waiphoon sets) versus the other Rhamp (one with the Cdn quarter later on) you get a glimpse at the scale difference.

SBell

I don't think 'bootleg' is the right word here--Waipoon may base some figures off of existing ones, but the pterosaurs were original.

stargatedalek

I meant they might be bootlegs of the Waiphoon pterosaurs

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 08, 2014, 02:29:35 PM
I meant they might be bootlegs of the Waiphoon pterosaurs
I have the set of 8 and I had the Waiphoon rhamph until it found a new home (hi Dean!). They are almost nothing alike in size or proportion. The only similarity is that they are both rhamphorhyncoids.

stargatedalek

here they are, tupandactylus and rhamphorynchus
[EDIT] each has "S. H. MADE IN CHINA" on the underside of its left wing
tupandactylus is about 9cm long with 14cm wingspan

Ikessauro

I know it's probably of no use, but is there any store selling this pterosaur set? Does anyone have a spare to trade.

deanm

If I run across them again I will PM you. I have been looking for them also (2 years now)

Ikessauro

Quote from: deanm on August 08, 2014, 11:12:00 PM
If I run across them again I will PM you. I have been looking for them also (2 years now)

Thank Deanm

stargatedalek

if I'm ever back in Annapolis and I spot them again I'll grab a couple sets

SBell

Quote from: deanm on August 08, 2014, 11:12:00 PM

I thought I got my set from you  ??? Or did you sell/trade too many?

profnik

i like your 8 pterosaurs figure

Ornithocheirus

Pteranodon

Tupandactylus

Dsungaripterus

Rhamphorhynchus

Scaphognathus

Dimorphodon

Campylognathoides

that It!  :D  :D I think Safari ltd company should work for product 2016 is Pterosaur TOOBS.

deanm

After a long delay - I can post a pic that show the Waiphoon figure beside the smaller knock-off, copy, uninspired original, etc figure.  The smaller figure s the copy of the Waiphoon figure (it's the one with the two red stripes on each wing).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.