You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Is this the original Papo Stegosaurus variant?

Started by XCLASSGAMING, August 27, 2015, 04:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XCLASSGAMING

Hey guys it's me here  :D Is this Stegosaur the original one? or the new variant can someone tell me pls :)

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: XCLASSGAMING on August 27, 2015, 04:35:08 PM
Hey guys it's me here  :D Is this Stegosaur the original one? or the new variant can someone tell me pls :)
I can't figure out how too put images so i put it on twitter https://twitter.com/UltimateWho2000/status/636925059882422272?lang=en-gb

Blade-of-the-Moon

Might be.

Try and use more descriptive titles to encourage member participation.

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 27, 2015, 04:40:13 PM
Might be.

Ok

DinoToyForum

Quote from: XCLASSGAMING on August 27, 2015, 04:41:16 PM
Might be.

Ok

I changed the title of the thread for you, as an example :)

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 27, 2015, 04:43:06 PM
Quote from: XCLASSGAMING on August 27, 2015, 04:41:16 PM
Might be.

Ok

I changed the title of the thread for you, as an example :)
Ah cheers :D

joossa

Since this is one of my most favorite models, I have been trying real hard to track down different variants of it. This is based of my observation and the variants are what I use to label them as and are not official and not necessarily the common consensus:

The easiest way to tell the different between the two main variants is with the plates. The original v1 had bright white spots on the plates. As time went by with more production waves, I noticed the spots on v1 were not painted on as brightly (they were slightly duller), but were still present nonetheless. The new variant v2, which is significantly different that the first has no spots on the plates at all and is overall darker. Again, take this with a grain of salt since this is based off my observations only and I wouldn't be surprised if there are other slight variants of v1 and v2 out there and even somewhat of a hybrid between what I'm calling v1 and v2.

It's hard to tell from your picture... Could you take a better one that shows the plates better? Also, when did you buy it?

Here are some reference shots.

What I would call an early v1 with bright white spots:

Here are some of mine...

V2 purchased earlier this year on the right. V1 on the left.

V2 on the far left. The one in the middle and the one on the right are v1, but note the difference in the brightness of the spots and also one is overall more pale than the other:

If anyone has variants that deviate from what I describe above, post pictures. I really want to see! :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: joossa on August 27, 2015, 09:11:44 PM
Since this is one of my most favorite models, I have been trying real hard to track down different variants of it. This is based of my observation and the variants are what I use to label them as and are not official and not necessarily the common consensus:

The easiest way to tell the different between the two main variants is with the plates. The original v1 had bright white spots on the plates. As time went by with more production waves, I noticed the spots on v1 were not painted on as brightly (they were slightly duller), but were still present nonetheless. The new variant v2, which is significantly different that the first has no spots on the plates at all and is overall darker. Again, take this with a grain of salt since this is based off my observations only and I wouldn't be surprised if there are other slight variants of v1 and v2 out there and even somewhat of a hybrid between what I'm calling v1 and v2.

It's hard to tell from your picture... Could you take a better one that shows the plates better? Also, when did you buy it?

Here are some reference shots.

What I would call an early v1 with bright white spots:

Here are some of mine...

V2 purchased earlier this year on the right. V1 on the left.

V2 on the far left. The one in the middle and the one on the right are v1, but note the difference in the brightness of the spots and also one is overall more pale than the other:

If anyone has variants that deviate from what I describe above, post pictures. I really want to see! :)
I got it from amazon :D

Lusotitan

Huh. I never knew that figure had variants. Based on the pictures, mine is definitely most similar to the one you called an early v1.

Viking Spawn

It would appear that I also have version 1.  After seeing these, I want to get a version 2 as well.