News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meet Crittendenceratops

Started by Halichoeres, November 05, 2018, 04:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Not even sure this is worth posting considering how little material is known, but someone has gone and named another ceratopsid: Crittendenceratops krzyzanowskii.

In this skeletal diagram, the known material is in gray, the white parts are inferred from other nasutoceratopsins.

I wonder how long before it's synonymized? At least it seems to have inspired a lovely piece of paleo-art by Sergey Krasovskiy

Paper available here: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328637301_A_NEW_CERATOPSID_DINOSAUR_CENTROSAURINAE_NASUTOCERATOPSINI_FROM_THE_FORT_CRITTENDEN_FORMATION_UPPER_CRETACEOUS_CAMPANIAN_OF_ARIZONA
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

I read about this one yesterday and got all excited until I saw how limited was the known material. But I really like the artwork.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It's been a couple of years since a new Ceratopsid was named right? That makes it interesting to me, even if it is soon to be dubious and there are too many Ceratopsids named.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

UtahraptorFan

Wow! That's not much material. When I saw something about this on Facebook, I wondered if it was based on the specimen known as "Ava," from the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center in Colorado but I guess not. Ava, if I remember right, is based on much more material.
Guide to whether I use suffixes in clade references:
-If it has the unaltered name of a member genus, even a nomen dubium, include it. Examples: Tyrannosaurid, Titanosaurian
-If it has the name of a genus + sauria, leave it off. Examples: Ornithomimosaur, Oviraptorosaur.
-If it's not named for a genus, leave it off. Examples: Genasaur, Gravisaur.
-Exceptions to the 3rd: Maniraptoran, Saur-/Ornithischian

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.