News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Controversial opinions on dinosaur toys

Started by Ravonium, May 21, 2018, 07:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

I hadn't watched Dinosdragons's video on the Mamenchisaurus.  However as far as I'm aware, blue isn't a colour animals obtain from food, it's a structural colour, which is why when a dead blue animal degrades, the blue colouration vanishes.

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on June 14, 2024, 06:54:54 PMOnly one of the stegosaurus variants is blue?

Unless you're counting the accent plate color on the red/geeen "fruit" variant, which seems silly to me, might as well say the blue variant with red tipped plates makes two red variants.

Not tips, it's body. I think it's more blue than green.Teal color. Another controversy.  :D

Sim

It looks more blue in some areas and more green in others, so if you think it's a second blue variant, one could also say it's a second green variant.  I think it would have been better to have used the yellow colour scheme instead of the fruity one to please a greater amount of tastes...

Leyster

avatar_Sim @Sim that's true, many bird greens and blues are structural colours, not dependant on their diet.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.