News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaurs at North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores

Started by Newt, October 08, 2018, 09:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newt

I feel a little bad about posting this, as I went just before the exhibit was taken down. However, I believe the NC Aquarium brings these dinosaurs to all its locations on a semi-regular basis. The dinosaurs are made by Billings Productions. Most are animatronic, but the Pachyrhinosaurus and Brachiosaurus are not. I rather liked the setup; the dinosaurs were scattered through the grounds of the aquarium, both near the building's entrance and along a short walking trail leading from the aquarium through some native maritime forest and along a saltmarsh. A few of the dinos were custom painted according to the results of a contest where kids chose the color schemes, which is a nice public-engagement idea.

Tyrannosaurus

Stegosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Pachyrhinosaurus

Edmontonia

Dilophosaurus

Compsognathus

Coelophysis

Brachiosaurus

Utahraptor

Suchomimus