You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Considering purchasing the Tamiya Brachiosaurus Diorama

Started by J.R.S T REX, March 24, 2016, 01:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.R.S T REX

Does anyone have any information on the Tamiya Brachiosaurus diorama kit?  Thanks for the help

DinoLord

I see it offered on eBay occasionally. It's a bit more common on Yahoo Auctions Japan.

J.R.S T REX

Thank you for the replies!  I was wondering if anyone has purchased and built this kit.  If so, are they happy with the detail, etc.  Thanks!

ataraxus

Digibasherx

HLJ also has it in stock, or will stock it with-in weeks of ordering.  I just bought one.  I've built their meso creatures kit and their velociraptors 6 pack.  The sculpt is great, the detail is a bit faint, so putty will need reworking the skin textures.  Other than that, the ones I've built has been great. Shipping will cost you an arm and your first born.

postsaurischian

It's a very nice model. Outdated (especially the feet) but very nice and also very easy to build.
I bought it years ago because it reminded my of my childhood Dinosaur hero - the Berlin Brachiosaurus (the old reconstruction).
I'm still a big fan of this extremely erect Giraffatitan posing :).

Quote from: Digibasherx on March 25, 2016, 09:06:33 PM
HLJ also has it in stock, or will stock it with-in weeks of ordering. ....... Shipping will cost you an arm and your first born.
???
In my experience HLJ's shipping quotes are among the best in the world.

J.R.S T REX

Thanks for the replies, I purchased it on Amazon from Toy Shop Japan Hobby one for $41 shipped to my home in Florida.  I did not opt for expedited shipping, so it will take up to 6 weeks to get to me but I felt that $41 including freight seemed to be a very favorable price.  I appreciate all the help!

bigbear

Of all the 'regular', i.e. affordable, dinosaur kits I own, the Tamiya ones are the easiet to build, with very little filler to apply to joins. The Brachiosaurus has the choice of two heads and two front legs, so you can make it with mouth open or closed and walking or standing. The little base also matches up with other Tamiya kits to make one big diorama, much like the Aurora/Revell ones. It's impressive when displayed!

J.R.S T REX