You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1/20 Aucasaurus and Torvosaurus (quite a few images)

Started by Dr. Brad, August 11, 2012, 12:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Brad

Hi all:

Some of you might have seen this over at the Clubhouse, but I just realized there's a model kit forum here. I haven't posted at the Dino Toy Forum for years (I had another username), but I lurk here a lot and I've learned quite a bit from the posters here. I just never noticed the kits section forum!

Thought I'd share my Rader Studios Aucasaurus. The kit builds up quite well. Not as much plant life as I usually include, but the base that Jon provides is great - the potential lunch really helps to make the scene...

And here's my 1/20 Foulkes Torvosaurus. It is a lovely kit! Took way too long to finish, but I really enjoyed it. Just a top notch kit. I added 5mm taxidermy eyes. The last picture is perhaps a bit over-saturated...

Comments are welcome!

Dan

Excellent work. I encourage people to use taxidermy-style eyes whenever possible - they always bring the animal to life.

DinoToyForum

Welcome (back) Dr. Brad. This section of the DTF is quite new actually - it seemed appropriate to open a section dedicated to kits, I'm not sure why I didn't do it sooner  :-[ :)

Those models are both beautiful, by the way!  8)

ihatefeathers144

The good Dr. is in! I have admired your work on the clubhouse (jtn144), and I'm happy to see it here, great job!

Joel

That's great work. Your painting skills show what a great model Jon's Aucasaurus is, and now I'm going to have to get one. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really beautiful paint work on both of these..makes we want the Torvo even more. :)

radman

Two great buildups of two terrific kits - well done, sir!
Love the colors on the Torvo and the base work on the Auco especially.
If only these guys would do some more 1:35 or 1:40 models, I'd be filling my shopping cart.

ataraxus

wow, both are wonderful works. I very like the colorschemes. You are very talented...

Himmapaan

Absolutely gorgeous work.

Quote from: radman on August 11, 2012, 10:33:02 AM
If only these guys would do some more 1:35 or 1:40 models, I'd be filling my shopping cart.

Seconded.

Jetoar

Wonderful work! :). I would like to paint as you. If my figure has these color, they will be better than now  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dr. Brad

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! Shane and Jon created some nice kits here! I'd like to see more 1/35 kits, too. But in the case of the Aucasaurus, it would be rather small. :-)

radman

Quote from: Dr. Brad on August 11, 2012, 04:13:43 PM
Thanks for the kind comments everyone! Shane and Jon created some nice kits here! I'd like to see more 1/35 kits, too. But in the case of the Aucasaurus, it would be rather small. :-)
I had forgotten that Aucasaurus was actually kinda small, by dinosaur standards, at least.  Can you post a pic of it with the Schleich-guy Hans, or some other standard object i.e., battery, coke can, etc.?  Or even one of Jon's other kits.  I have all of his 1:35 kits, as well as Shanes 1:40 Tarbo (my avatar).
Thanks!
:)

Dr. Brad

I can post a pic of the Auca with a can, but I'm on the road right now, so it will be a while. But I will try to do it for you. Pm me in a couple of weeks if I've forgotten. :-)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.