News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1/20 Aucasaurus and Torvosaurus (quite a few images)

Started by Dr. Brad, August 11, 2012, 12:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Brad

Hi all:

Some of you might have seen this over at the Clubhouse, but I just realized there's a model kit forum here. I haven't posted at the Dino Toy Forum for years (I had another username), but I lurk here a lot and I've learned quite a bit from the posters here. I just never noticed the kits section forum!

Thought I'd share my Rader Studios Aucasaurus. The kit builds up quite well. Not as much plant life as I usually include, but the base that Jon provides is great - the potential lunch really helps to make the scene...

And here's my 1/20 Foulkes Torvosaurus. It is a lovely kit! Took way too long to finish, but I really enjoyed it. Just a top notch kit. I added 5mm taxidermy eyes. The last picture is perhaps a bit over-saturated...

Comments are welcome!

Dan

Excellent work. I encourage people to use taxidermy-style eyes whenever possible - they always bring the animal to life.

DinoToyForum

Welcome (back) Dr. Brad. This section of the DTF is quite new actually - it seemed appropriate to open a section dedicated to kits, I'm not sure why I didn't do it sooner  :-[ :)

Those models are both beautiful, by the way!  8)

ihatefeathers144

The good Dr. is in! I have admired your work on the clubhouse (jtn144), and I'm happy to see it here, great job!

Joel

That's great work. Your painting skills show what a great model Jon's Aucasaurus is, and now I'm going to have to get one. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really beautiful paint work on both of these..makes we want the Torvo even more. :)

radman

Two great buildups of two terrific kits - well done, sir!
Love the colors on the Torvo and the base work on the Auco especially.
If only these guys would do some more 1:35 or 1:40 models, I'd be filling my shopping cart.

ataraxus

wow, both are wonderful works. I very like the colorschemes. You are very talented...

Himmapaan

Absolutely gorgeous work.

Quote from: radman on August 11, 2012, 10:33:02 AM
If only these guys would do some more 1:35 or 1:40 models, I'd be filling my shopping cart.

Seconded.

Jetoar

Wonderful work! :). I would like to paint as you. If my figure has these color, they will be better than now  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dr. Brad

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! Shane and Jon created some nice kits here! I'd like to see more 1/35 kits, too. But in the case of the Aucasaurus, it would be rather small. :-)

radman

Quote from: Dr. Brad on August 11, 2012, 04:13:43 PM
Thanks for the kind comments everyone! Shane and Jon created some nice kits here! I'd like to see more 1/35 kits, too. But in the case of the Aucasaurus, it would be rather small. :-)
I had forgotten that Aucasaurus was actually kinda small, by dinosaur standards, at least.  Can you post a pic of it with the Schleich-guy Hans, or some other standard object i.e., battery, coke can, etc.?  Or even one of Jon's other kits.  I have all of his 1:35 kits, as well as Shanes 1:40 Tarbo (my avatar).
Thanks!
:)

Dr. Brad

I can post a pic of the Auca with a can, but I'm on the road right now, so it will be a while. But I will try to do it for you. Pm me in a couple of weeks if I've forgotten. :-)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.