News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

papo Allosaurus: Custom and modified

Started by Daniele_Italy, January 08, 2016, 06:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniele_Italy

The Allosaurus is one of my favorite animals.
THE model papo is very nice in details, but is not like a Allosaurus; I hated it ..
one day I have decided to change it.
It 's my first model that I changed, it has never done before.
I cut the chin, and spine-tail, and I add parts of neck, back and spine in polymer clay;
I stretched some teeth, finally repainted;
I share it with you,
sorry for my english.
Daniele

PaleoMatt

Georassic

Nice work! Allo is my favorite dinosaur too, as hinted by my avatar...

empire3569

This looks really nice! I do have a couple questions for you if you don't mind...

1. What brand of polymer clay did you use? Did you cure it by baking it in an oven?
2. Did you have any problems with the clay sticking to the original plastic of the figure? Did you use adhesive at all?

Thanks!

DinoLord

Excellent work! It looks a lot closer to what is actually known of Allosaurus now. However, I would suggest that for future projects you take into account the type of paint used, as the paint you used on the repaint has a bit of a different look to it (in terms of how it reflects light, etc.) compared to the original paint which is still visible in certain parts.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Pachyrhinosaurus

I like what you did to this. I was never a fan of the spines on this one so that's a good improvement.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

MLMjp

Nice custom!

The body certainly looks better with your added parts, but I think that the crests that you have given to it are a bit too big and rounded, the original were already perfect IMO. Otherwise great job, and nice repaint!

EDIT:
Well, about the crest. I think is more my personal preference because there´s a lot of possible reconstructions so there´s nothing wrong with yours

Rain

It does look a lot more like the typical allosaurus now, great work. It looks amazing, I really like your paintjob as well  :))

Viking Spawn

Simon

Now that you have fixed the body, are you going to correct the pronated hands?  You've already done the hard work enhancing the body and head - correcting the pronated wrists/hands so that they face each other under the body would be pretty easy.  I encourage you to do it, so as to complete the re-sculpt ...

...great work, BTW!!

Daniele_Italy

Many thanks to all..

Quote from: empire3569 on January 09, 2016, 01:24:17 AM
This looks really nice! I do have a couple questions for you if you don't mind...

1. What brand of polymer clay did you use? Did you cure it by baking it in an oven?
2. Did you have any problems with the clay sticking to the original plastic of the figure? Did you use adhesive at all?

Don't Worry.
I used simply polimer clay inused, I Think FiMo blue.
I don't have problems with the clay sticking to the original plastic of the figure.
I am some crazy :)) .. I have attached the clay over dinosaur, initially I wanted to boil in boiling water. After, I have decided that the entire dinosaur cooked in the oven at about 100 C, to avoid melting. it had become a bit soft, but it was ok. ;-)

Quote from: DinoLord on January 09, 2016, 01:39:31 AM
Excellent work! It looks a lot closer to what is actually known of Allosaurus now. However, I would suggest that for future projects you take into account the type of paint used, as the paint you used on the repaint has a bit of a different look to it (in terms of how it reflects light, etc.) compared to the original paint which is still visible in certain parts.

You are right. I'm not very good with paint. I used simple acrylic. I wanted less polished. thanks for the advice :-)

Quote from: Simon on January 10, 2016, 07:08:22 AM
Now that you have fixed the body, are you going to correct the pronated hands?  You've already done the hard work enhancing the body and head - correcting the pronated wrists/hands so that they face each other under the body would be pretty easy.  I encourage you to do it, so as to complete the re-sculpt ...

yes. actually initially I had to correct your hands. I have not done more to lack of time. What I need to do? Allosaurus should have forward-facing claws well developed

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.