News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Newbie from the Philippines

Started by docronnie, November 06, 2012, 11:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek.McManus

Nice to know that someone else collects with his daughter!

docronnie

For a while, I thought she has lost interest in them, boy, I was wrong. Now she's also playing dinosaur app games and has continued to love dinosaurs.:D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 15, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
Your evolution as a collector is great to watch! At first you started with just Schleichs, then you networked and established yourself here, and now you have a cool collection! A success story!

Missed this keen observation of yours, Libraraptor.  Thanks for all the kind words!

I must say, it is on the path of being a success story, after guesting on TV last year in correlation with the Jurassic World movie.  For me the ultimate satisfaction and glory of a toy collector is for him to share his collections with everyone through social media, TV, radio, toy conventions (displays), exhibits etc.  ^-^

Libraraptor

Quote from: docronnie on February 12, 2016, 04:00:26 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 15, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
Your evolution as a collector is great to watch! At first you started with just Schleichs, then you networked and established yourself here, and now you have a cool collection! A success story!

Missed this keen observation of yours, Libraraptor.  Thanks for all the kind words!

I must say, it is on the path of being a success story, after guesting on TV last year in correlation with the Jurassic World movie.  For me the ultimate satisfaction and glory of a toy collector is for him to share his collections with everyone through social media, TV, radio, toy conventions (displays), exhibits etc.  ^-^

Yes, that´s true. When I saw that my collection video on youtube hit the 1000 - mark, it blew me away.Seeing where it stands now makes me faint :o

As to my keen words - well, isn´t dinosaur collecting something great, connecting people to each other from all over the world, no matter what they believe in or how much money they earn? Isn´t it great I can talk to someone from the Phillipines, or the Netherlands or from all over the world.
This makes me wonder - do we have any African members here?

docronnie

I used to trade with fellow Marvel Battle Dice collectors in 2007 from Romania, US and other European countries, so I know the feeling is AWESOME! But sad to say, the MBD forum is now non-existent... :(

I miss my friends there. But once in a while, I get trading inquiries from foreign collectors. Can't trade with them anymore, since I only lack 2 rare figs from the line, which they don't have.

docronnie

the probabilty that I viewed your collection on You Tube is high. What's your handle on You Tube, Libraraptor? :-)

Libraraptor

Quote from: docronnie on February 17, 2016, 08:48:19 AM
the probabilty that I viewed your collection on You Tube is high. What's your handle on You Tube, Libraraptor? :-)

What do you mean by "handle"?
Simply put in "Libraraptors collection" and you´ll immediataly can see the video.
Or did you mean something else that´s lost in translation?

SBell

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 17, 2016, 09:51:13 PM
Quote from: docronnie on February 17, 2016, 08:48:19 AM

What do you mean by "handle"?
Simply put in "Libraraptors collection" and you´ll immediataly can see the video.
Or did you mean something else that´s lost in translation?

It's a CB-radio reference, sort of like User name.

docronnie

Yup, it's user name. Thanks Sbell! Sorry Libraraptor for the confusion.  :)

Will check it out on You Tube.  :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.