News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Newbie from the Philippines

Started by docronnie, November 06, 2012, 11:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Actually my 3 year old daughter got me into this.  She loves Dinosaurs and she has figures of her own.

We don't seem to have quality dinosaur figures here in the Philippines except for Schleich, but I maybe wrong.

I would like to know where to buy more and which company, you guys think has the best dino figures.

Thanks for having me!

docronnie
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

Hello, and welcome.

I'd reccommend Safari/Carnegie if you like your dinosaurs to be as accurate as possible. Papo are good too, but they are not scientifically correct.

:)

Jetoar

Hello new friend  and welcome ^-^. I said you the same that Tyrantqueen. Carnegie do accurate dinosaurs and Papo do cool dinosaurs  with Jurassic Park style, but Collecta do the strange species of dinosaurs.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

DinoToyForum

Coke

alexeratops

Welcome, you will be the perfect meal for our pet T- Rex!!! >:D
like a bantha!

pylraster

Nice to see a kabayan here... Hehehe. Yeah, we dont really have anything but Schleichs here. I wish we had more variety. They used to sell Carnegies at a shop in Shangrila but that was more than a decade ago...

Bokisaurus

Quote from: pylraster on November 07, 2012, 01:43:19 AM
Nice to see a kabayan here... Hehehe. Yeah, we dont really have anything but Schleichs here. I wish we had more variety. They used to sell Carnegies at a shop in Shangrila but that was more than a decade ago...

Welcome Kababayan! Kumusta na? I hope that you will enjoy the forum. :)

docronnie

Thanks for the very warm welcome and the tips!  :)

Mabuti naman mga kababayan! Nice to see Pinoy dino collectors here!  :)

docronnie

I have a question.  Just went online to Schleich's website and found out that there are Replica figures.

http://www.schleich-s.com/toys/replica_saurus/

Does this mean these are accurate dinosaur figures?

TIA!  :)

Seijun

Sadly, no. The replicasaurus figures are some of the most inaccurate dinosaur toys currently being made by a major toy company. I would recommend any of the newer safari and carnegie models if you are looking for accurate dinosaur toys :)
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

docronnie

So sad that we have no other alternatives here but Schleich. :(

I hope I could get some other brands in the future.

Jetoar

You can try to buy en Ebay or another web shops. In Spain is very hard to find other brands that they are not Schleich.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

docronnie

It's been 2 years since I joined the forum and learned a lot and accumulated soooooooooo much!!! Hahahaha!!!

Thanks for all your help and other things ! :)

pylraster

Congratulations. Have you been able to find Papo stuff here in the Philippines yet ?

docronnie

Quote from: pylraster on December 19, 2014, 06:27:40 AM
Congratulations. Have you been able to find Papo stuff here in the Philippines yet ?

Yup I did. Got a Papo Oviraptor just a few months ago.  My first .... hopefully not last.  :)

pylraster

If you mind, where did you find it? ~_~ There seems only Schleich stuff wherever I go.

docronnie

Libraraptor

Your evolution as a collector is great to watch! At first you started with just Schleichs, then you networked and established yourself here, and now you have a cool collection! A success story!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: