News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PWHS Dinosaur Project

Started by E.D.G.E. (PainterRex), March 05, 2016, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Hello, my name is Destin Bogart, I have been on this forum for a while now. Today I bring to everyone's attention an idea i wish to come to fruition. Since I have a great passion for Paleontology, and live in Colorado, I have always found it sad how underrepresented our state's great magnitude of fossils is (only 3-4 museums? only 1-3 'good' ones?). However, the idea I wish to complete is to, using donations and fundraising, eventually gather the funds needed to purchase a life-size sculpture/model and/or skeleton of one or more species of prehistoric animals. The initial idea is to get a life-sized life-model of either a Triceratops, Stegosaurus, or Allosaurus. The secondary idea if the initial idea does not work out would be the purchase of many small models/skeletons to place randomly. These models would be placed at my High school, since I live in Pueblo West, my high school is called PWHS (Pueblo West High School). The life-size sculpture would be placed right out front, if the many skeletals ends up being more economic then they would be placed inside the building. I have yet to get official approval from the principal, but me and few of the higher-up-teachers are for the idea and are thinking the principal will feel the same (once she gets back). The life-size sculptures would be painted with our school color scheme and logo would be placed on it. Here is some concept art I have created and what I want it to look like outside the school.

Now, what I am asking the community here is; What companies do you know of that offers life-size prehistoric animals?
So far I know of, and have contacted, Triebold Paleontology, CM studios, and Zigong Dinosaur Company.

Please leave a comment about what other companies offer life-size prehistoric animal life-models and also skeletal reconstruction companies. Thank you, and I hope I can bring you guys more news of the project once it gets going!

P.S. The statue would be purchased the end of my senior year, which is next june, and hopefully a senior tradition would be to repaint the animal at the end of graduation.
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Kayakasaurus

Having a life size Dino at your high school would be awesome! Buying a large resin cast is going to cost a few thousand dollars, you can see an example of prices here: http://www.dinostatues.com , but even then, your not going to get the awesome and accurate dinos in your concept art. I would suggest starting from scratch, and making it an educational after school class/club where the students could build it. Blade of the moons Dinosaurs are excellent examples of how to do scratch built dinos with good results. If students were involved in building it, I would imagine that would bring in more donations. Most life sized sculptures are done with resin and fiberglass, which I would recommend for durability and strength, it's also easy to learn and a good skill to have. You will still need at least a thousand dollars, but it's something you can't buy, and commissioning something that big would be super expensive.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on March 05, 2016, 08:32:16 PM
Having a life size Dino at your high school would be awesome! Buying a large resin cast is going to cost a few thousand dollars, you can see an example of prices here: http://www.dinostatues.com , but even then, your not going to get the awesome and accurate dinos in your concept art. I would suggest starting from scratch, and making it an educational after school class/club where the students could build it. Blade of the moons Dinosaurs are excellent examples of how to do scratch built dinos with good results. If students were involved in building it, I would imagine that would bring in more donations. Most life sized sculptures are done with resin and fiberglass, which I would recommend for durability and strength, it's also easy to learn and a good skill to have. You will still need at least a thousand dollars, but it's something you can't buy, and commissioning something that big would be super expensive.

Thanks, I already tried to have a club about prehistoric animals (as well as everything else alive) and that did not go down very well, because my school does not have enough science-minded individuals to have any interest or more-than-interest in doing that. I thought maybe there were more companies out there to choose from. Thanks for you help.
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

DinoLord

There aren't that many companies out there because it's a very limited market. I remember at a fossil/rock show one of them (I think CM studios) had a bunch of their life-sized statues on display. The smaller ones (basal ceratopsians, small theropods) were generally several thousand dollars. Medium-sized ones (larger dromaeosaurs) were around ten thousand, and larger ones (big theropods, hadrosaurs, etc.) were several tens of thousands.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Personally, I would choose the Design Toscano Stegosaurus. It looks pretty big and, while it isn't perfect, I would imagine it is one of the best for its price, not to mention the state dinosaur of Colorado.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.