News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Happy Mother's Day!

Started by suspsy, May 08, 2016, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

My mom always encouraged my love of dinosaurs when I was a child---to a point. She complimented each and every one of my drawings. She bought me dinosaur toys. And in 1988, she even helped chip in on the Dino-Riders Tyrannosaurus rex when we finally came across it at the toy store (it cost $79.99). I had to earn the money to pay her back though. Until then, the T. rex remained in its box, which I would frequently carry around the house with me. :)

What's your mom story?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

We already had Mother's Day in the UK, in March.

My mum enjoyed Jurassic World. She watches dinosaur documentaries on Youtube a lot. She is 63.

Newt

When I was in kindergarten, we had a sort of career day/show-and-tell mashup where we were supposed to dress in an appropriate costume for our desired future profession and give a little presentation about it. I wanted to be a paleontologist. My mom built a giant chicken-wire and papier-mache thighbone for me, and died a shirt khaki for the Indiana Jones-style outfit I thought paleontologists wore. She drove me to school that day, as there was no way I could get that bone to school on the bus without it being wrecked.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.