News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mirroraptor's repaint

Started by Mirroraptor, November 03, 2019, 09:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirroraptor

I started repaint figures a few years ago, and most of the photos of the works have been lost. The earliest photos published here are from 2016, and the rest are recent works.

An unnamed artist's Tyrannosaurus kit is from China.(2016)

And this Sinornithosaurus is also from China, excellent production.

And the same sculptor's Irritator, 2016.

Galileo Hernandez' Euoplocephalus.

Triceratops by Greg Wenzel.

Mirroraptor

PAPO Kaprosuchus

Terry Norton's Nile Croc.

Kaiyodo 100mm Stegosaurus by Matsumura Shinobu

Kaiyodo 100mm Mosasaurus by Goro Furuta

Kaiyodo 100mm Jobaria by Matsumura Shinobu

Kaiyodo 1/35 Camarasaurus by Matsumura Shinobu

Mirroraptor

Greg Wenzel's Triceratops, second edition...

Tsukuda Hobby Dilophosaurs

Battat Styracosaurus by Grg Wenzel

Mirroraptor

PAPO Dimetrodon

PNSO T.rex

Safari Velocirator(or I believe that a Deinonychus) in JP3 female raptor color

Mirroraptor

PAPO Kaprosuchus second edition......

Turacoverdin

Truly fantastic work all around - the combination of the incredible paintwork and sculpture of the Nile croc in particular had me convinced it was a real animal. Initially I assumed you were showing your reference for the Kaprosuchus above due to the similar poses haha.

postsaurischian

:)  Beautiful models with beautiful colours! I like your style.
  Just one correction: The Dinoland 100mm sauropod is Barosaurus, not Jobaria.

Mirroraptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 03, 2019, 08:42:29 PM
  :)  Beautiful models with beautiful colours! I like your style.
  Just one correction: The Dinoland 100mm sauropod is Barosaurus, not Jobaria.
;)  Thanks for correcting.

Shonisaurus

You have left Mirroraptor Papo's kaprosuchus of fable much better than the commercial figure.  :)

Mirroraptor

PAPO Velociraptor(Deinonychus), in JP2 and JP3 male raptor color.

Dinoland Triceratops by Matsumura Shinobu

Mirroraptor

More photos about PNSO T.rex, PAPO Dimetrodon and Safari raptor.

Halichoeres

Very nice work. I think the Triceratops and Dimetrodon turned out particularly well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Syndicate Bias

I gotta say I'm in love with what you've done to the T rexes I really like how natural and well blended your paint job is. Have you considered doing commissions?

Mirroraptor

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 11, 2019, 02:28:12 AM
I gotta say I'm in love with what you've done to the T rexes I really like how natural and well blended your paint job is. Have you considered doing commissions?

Thank you very much.
About customised figures, I think I need to solve the logistics problem first. In a short time, I may not consider accepting commissions. Similarly, When I have completed my artwork and decided to sell it, I am not sure how to ensure that it is safe in transport across the ocean. I have had several painful lessons, so I have stopped trying this.
But in the near future I will probably move to Moscow and complete my postgraduate studies, logistics conditions may be much more convenient at that time.

Mirroraptor

Another T.rex, bronzed style

Horizon Deinonychus

Battat Pachycephalosaurus

Mirroraptor

Something that not prehistoric figures:

an Arapaima kit

Godzilla 2000 bust by Shinzen Takeuchi

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.