News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2013: Step 3 (CARNOTAURUS)

Started by anchry6, May 25, 2012, 03:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: anchry6 on December 21, 2012, 09:55:08 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 21, 2012, 09:34:40 PM
QuoteI have an official announcement by the Papo: they followed our advice to make a Carnotaurus and, above all, how to do it!
I do not know why I have not answered before ... Maybe because they were afraid that I would talk ahead of time ...
Can you show us what they actually said to you?

I try to translate it as best I can:
"... Every year Papo enriched its collection with about 100 new figures, and we do not fail to consider your suggestions for our next creations. In effect, this year our new collection of dinosaurs offers perhaps a surprise ... "

:D

EDIT: Sorry for double posting :X Mods, please merge these two posts :-[

Arioch

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 22, 2012, 12:05:42 AM
Quote from: Arioch on December 21, 2012, 11:59:20 PM
I think the most popular model ( meaning figure or toy) between dinosaur figure collectors must be Slideshow. I can't think of anything that beats it, and the guys of Papo must be smart enough to realize this (since they decided to not be original this time like they were with the Styracosaurus). They could have ripped Disney as well to reach for a wider market but maybe they were afraid to get in legal trouble...
Hate on Papo all you want, but admit that no other toy company (Carnegie, Wild Safari and their texture stamped models, or Favorite) has come close to matching the level of detail lavished on Paposaurs 8)

Uh? what makes you think that I hate Papo?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Arioch on December 22, 2012, 12:16:28 AM
I think the most popular model ( meaning figure or toy) between dinosaur figure collectors must be Slideshow. I can't think of anything that beats it, and the guys of Papo must be smart enough to realize this (since they decided to not be original this time like they were with the Styracosaurus). They could have ripped Disney as well to reach for a wider market but maybe they were afraid to get in legal trouble...
Hate on Papo all you want, but admit that no other toy company (Carnegie, Wild Safari and their texture stamped models, or Favorite) has come close to matching the level of detail lavished on Paposaurs 8)

Yeah totally didn't see the hate there.  It makes good sense actually.

I'm not sure they are worried about copyrights and such though , else-wise they wouldn't copy anyone I don't think . I believe the same question was brought up about JP and Universal..and they haven't exactly stopped yet. ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Arioch on December 22, 2012, 12:16:28 AM
I guess when you referred to the Carnotaurus as a "thing", it kind of had a negative vibe to it. Sorry, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

Aram-Rex

I must say that the Disney Carnotaurus is the one thay should make, but not pink on the back. Perhaps more red or a darker colour. I'm not saying thay shoul copy-it, thay could add some changes to it. But the thing is, it's already done, and I'd say that It's a wonderful figure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Aram-Rex on December 23, 2012, 10:07:43 AM
I must say that the Disney Carnotaurus is the one thay should make, but not pink on the back. Perhaps more red or a darker colour. I'm not saying thay shoul copy-it, thay could add some changes to it. But the thing is, it's already done, and I'd say that It's a wonderful figure.

Always wondered why Disney didn't release some big detailed statue of it..would have certainly bought it.

Aram-Rex

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.