News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T-Reqs' Repaints & More

Started by T-Reqs, March 14, 2016, 11:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Reqs

I've been wanting to get into repainting and customizing dinosaurs for a while, so here's a few that I've done recently.
Click the images to see the WIP photos and more!

Battat Pachyrhinosaurus
I took a little influence from bison and musk ox with this one, but it was mostly done as practice with basic painting techniques, since I hadn't done anything like this for years.

Tamiya Chasmosaurus & Offspring
For the youngling, I took a bit of inspiration from young tapirs, based on a picture of a Triceratops and its young I saw recently.

Battat Dacentrurus
This one is my least favorite. I really didn't have much of a plan with where I was going with it, and I think it really shows. I ended up loosely basing the coloration on skinks.

Battat Carnotaurus
I tried to get a bit more practice with patterns on this one. Took slight influence from cheetahs with the basic colors and the spots.

Safari Ceratosaurus
I wanted to work with some warmer colors, reds and oranges, and make a more brightly colored predator. I didn't really base the coloration or pattern on anything in particular this time, just went with what looked good.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Blade-of-the-Moon

Jetoar

Your repaints are really beautiful  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Nanuqsaurus

Amazing repaints! :D I especially love that Dacentrurus! Pachyrhinosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs, so it's nice to see a repaint for that as well. I actually made a drawing of a musk ox/bison inspired Pachyrhinosaurus recently! :P I love it when people make dinosaur reconstructions based on modern animals.

Dinomike

The Tamiy Chasmosaurs are my favorir of the bunch! A really original, beautiful color scheme!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

T-Reqs

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them! Any tips on how to improve them? I'm still pretty new to the whole repainting thing.

PumperKrickel

deleted

T-Reqs

I needed a predator to hunt down all those herbivores I've been painting. Enter the Battat Carnotaurus. Growing up I always wanted a good Carnotaurus figure, but I could never find one, and had to settle for Carnegie's less than stellar 'panic attack' carno. So glad they re-released this sculpt. For the pattern/colors, I took a little influence from cheetahs.

Click the picture to see more pics and some WIPs.

T-Reqs

Had to add in a Ceratosaurus as well. This time I wanted to work on a more brightly colored dinosaur that used warm colors like reds and oranges.

Click the images for WIP's, dioramas, and more shots.

Also gave the carno a few diorama shots as well.

Viergacht

I really like that Ceratosaur - it's hard to get bright red to look decent on a figure, but you really succeeded.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Rexxaroo

Wow, I adore the ceratopsians here. Great work! The little bright colors on that chasmo frill is gorgeous.

The carno is really neat, I think he'd look good with a bit of a blue wash on him .
(.||||< Rexx

AcroSauroTaurus

The theropods look great! Correction, they all do! ;) Although I like the Cerato the best.
I am the Dinosaur King!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.