News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JP The Lost World Stegosaurus Maquette

Started by joossa, April 15, 2016, 04:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

http://news.toyark.com/2016/04/14/lost-world-jurassic-park-replica-stegosaurus-maquette-chronicle-201763

This statue is gorgeous, but the price tag is so steep: $500-$550! I got excited and thought it may have been a smaller figure or smaller desktop model when I saw the thumbnail previews. I'll just have to settle by looking at pretty pictures.... or better, settle for a Sideshow piece.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

pricing is a little more than Sideshow's Stego but it is a licensed piece, and pretty large at 30 x 16".

ChrisLikesDinosaurs

This is gonna be my favorite Jurassic piece til they release that trex breakout diorama statue.

I cannot believe it's 31 inches long and 15 inches tall! It's freaking huge. And it's cast straight from the Stan Winston Maquette. So good.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Im a huge JP fan, but i think the Sideshow modell is superior. The Cron. modell has a super boring pose, there is no action, no movment. It just stands there like a...dead statue. And the paint job is lame.
On the other hand it has the license. But for me the Sideshow looks better, simply check anjd compate the horns at their backs.

Derek.McManus

Nice model of one of my favourite dinosaurs!

stargatedalek

Chronicle is actually only licensed to sell JP pieces over $200 USD in cost.

DinoLord

For those who say Sideshow is overpriced: well here you go.  ;)

Rain

I may be wrong so don't quote me on this, but I think I recall hearing/reading that their statues won't be hollow like Sideshow, which may justify the pricing somewhat.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: Rain on August 04, 2016, 07:10:58 PM
I may be wrong so don't quote me on this, but I think I recall hearing/reading that their statues won't be hollow like Sideshow, which may justify the pricing somewhat.

I dont really care if the modell is hollow or not as long it looks good and it has a stable stand, my side stego which i have recieved a few days ago has the weight of a few kgs and the base adds even more kgs. Combinded it has a weight of almost 7kg and its an insane modell. Im so happy that i got it, the size and the detail is absolutly insane. Even so it was cheaper then the official chronicle stego i woundt want to change them. :)

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on August 11, 2016, 01:25:23 AM
Quote from: Rain on August 04, 2016, 07:10:58 PM

I dont really care if the modell is hollow or not as long it looks good and it has a stable stand, my side stego which i have recieved a few days ago has the weight of a few kgs and the base adds even more kgs. Combinded it has a weight of almost 7kg and its an insane modell. Im so happy that i got it, the size and the detail is absolutly insane. Even so it was cheaper then the official chronicle stego i woundt want to change them. :)

I know it's a JP figure, which is cool in its own right, but the Sideshow is also a lot more accurate in terms of limbs, tail position, and plate shape. The Sideshow is easily identifiable as Stegosaurus stenops, the JP one is Stegosaurus genericus... ;)
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net