News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Battle Scarred" Figures

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, September 06, 2016, 06:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archinto

I'm going to go ahead and repair the damages. I had a thrasher t-rex a long time ago, but sold it off a while back with a few other choice dinos. This ones motion is a lot better, and the paint is nice, but egads... the damage. Its not that hard to repair it though. I am going to make an armature for the hand before sculpting it for added strength. It'll be nice with my others :)

I have a velociraptor with half a face too, but I think I might go a different direction with it. Possibly a cyborg raptor or something... :3
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Brontozaurus

My AAoD Australovenator recently got some scarring after it fell off a shelf and and snapped a hand clean off. It was however a clean break, so provided I can find a strong superglue I can reassemble it.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Archinto on October 05, 2016, 06:02:46 AM
I'm going to go ahead and repair the damages. I had a thrasher t-rex a long time ago, but sold it off a while back with a few other choice dinos. This ones motion is a lot better, and the paint is nice, but egads... the damage. Its not that hard to repair it though. I am going to make an armature for the hand before sculpting it for added strength. It'll be nice with my others :)

I have a velociraptor with half a face too, but I think I might go a different direction with it. Possibly a cyborg raptor or something... :3

Coud I see a picture of the raptor? Maybe you could sculpt the other half all scarred up?
I am the Dinosaur King!

Archinto

Its a lot to post a pic, but I can easily explain the damage. Lost world standard biting velociraptor. Half of the lower jaw is broken off/missing and the tooth/tongue insert is missing. The top of the head and the spring mechanism is there, the function works, but the cam that opens the mouth is missing due to the insert being gone, so the mouth doesnt open, the head just moves all derpy and such. I might be able to sculpt a new cam to make it work again.

I was thinking of filling the jaw space with robot-y goodness, with the needed cam made as well, and then make some cybernetic looking parts for his face and body. Itll be fun :3

Brontozaurus, Use loctite plastics bonder. Its a two part set that uses a special catalyst pen and super glue to make a really strong bond for any type of plastic. It should work perfect for your figure. They should have it anywhere they sell super glue
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.