News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wonderfest 2021 Shanghai

Started by ITdactyl, June 16, 2021, 02:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

'Been itching to see Wonderfest media after spotting the beautiful Halzkaraptor statue on Facebook. Here's what I found:

https://www.facebook.com/dinosaurdarkroom/posts/1919394244877525

This is a public access Facebook gallery by the Dinosaur Darkroom. No Facebook membership needed to browse the wonderful photos. The brachiosaurid pair by Tizon Zhang is amazing.

For those who want a video tour instead of just pictures, here's one by Youtube user Noel Lee.  So far, he's the only youtuber I've found who went through the dinosaur themed displays. Most of the youtube videos focused on popular characters and studios.
Prehistoric themed items are featured between the 10:20 and 25:43 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYc5fZ8irFw

I don't know why they put a [bootleg?] Papo Dimorphodon in a torture chamber... but that's funny.

On a personal note, I want that small M.See Quetzalcoatlus.

RobinGoodfellow

At Wonderfest M-See showed this wonderful piece: Tupandactylus (Limited Edition 100)

I tried to order a copy but it was sold out just the day after...  :'(

SidB

The long -distance feeling sure can have its frustrations.

Psittacoraptor

I need that Halszkaraptor! Are there shops that sell these, or are they only for the Chinese market?

suspsy

My favourite is the Tyrannosaurus rex that managed to successfully seize a Quetzalcoatlus by the butt as it was trying to fly away.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on June 16, 2021, 01:32:46 PM
My favourite is the Tyrannosaurus rex that managed to successfully seize a Quetzalcoatlus by the butt as it was trying to fly away.

lol I did like that one myself..better than the Wil Vinton version anyway..

ITdactyl

What? Quetz are friends, not food. ;D

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor , I'm just hoping our members from the region would chime in soon. Maybe some of them have communication with Tison Zhang and know how he plans to distribute these resin statues.

The way they displayed that halzkaraptor makes me think it's part of the Paleoidol line (you can see the acrylic standees next to the dinosaur statue). Paleoidols are girls drawn anime style and with dinosaur tails corresponding to the species they represent.  If you're not into that, here's hoping Tison Zhang also plans to sell the statues separately.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 16, 2021, 11:59:07 PM

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor , I'm just hoping our members from the region would chime in soon. Maybe some of them have communication with Tison Zhang and know how he plans to distribute these resin statues.

The way they displayed that halzkaraptor makes me think it's part of the Paleoidol line (you can see the acrylic standees next to the dinosaur statue). Paleoidols are girls drawn anime style and with dinosaur tails corresponding to the species they represent.  If you're not into that, here's hoping Tison Zhang also plans to sell the statues separately.

You know I own a few of the Kotobukiya Bishoujo statues and these  feel like dino versions of them, I would probably find some way to fit them in the collection..a way to merge the two lol

stargatedalek

Are the characters going to be full statues or standees that come as accessories? I really like them, they're cute and they set the line apart.

ITdactyl

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , have you see Andrea Cau's reaction to the Halzkaraptor one? 'Was laughing when I saw it.

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek , hoping to get more information soon (friends of Tison Zhang, please chime in.  ;D )  What's shown in that gallery and video are just matching "paleoidol" acrylic standees for 5 dinosaurs.  An artist going by the alias "themazingspino" is responsible for the designs.

Maybe if this line becomes a hit, they'll make statues of the characters too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 17, 2021, 06:16:34 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , have you see Andrea Cau's reaction to the Halzkaraptor one? 'Was laughing when I saw it.

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek , hoping to get more information soon (friends of Tison Zhang, please chime in.  ;D )  What's shown in that gallery and video are just matching "paleoidol" acrylic standees for 5 dinosaurs.  An artist going by the alias "themazingspino" is responsible for the designs.

Maybe if this line becomes a hit, they'll make statues of the characters too.

I haven't!

That would be pretty cool, I'm kinda partial to the Therizinosaurus one especially.

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 16, 2021, 11:59:07 PM

Thanks for the reply. I can't say I'm very interested in anime girls with dinosaur tails, nor did I know such a thing existed in the first place ;D. So hopefully the dinosaurs will be available on their own.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.