News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Mexican Plesiosaur Discovered

Started by suspsy, February 27, 2017, 01:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

BlueKrono

Very cool that it was so well preserved. Does look a lot like its close relative Doli.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

suspsy

Halichoeres

Their discussion of the preservation of the apparent fatty tissue around the tail base is particularly fascinating. Thanks for posting!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Derek.McManus

I must say the first image that popped into my mind when I saw the words Mexican Plesiosaurs was quite amusing!

Sigmasaurus

IMO, It looks a BIT like the Collecta Dolichorhynchops.

suspsy

Quote from: SpinoLord on February 27, 2017, 10:19:59 PM

Indeed! The toy works better as Mauriciosaurus!

stargatedalek

I think that's a screenshot from NatGeo Sea Monsters...

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 28, 2017, 12:05:36 AM

I believe it is. I was referring to the actual photos of the fossil.

GasmaskMax

I saw this on Deviantart, its cool we have direct evidence of fatty plesiosaurs.Who knows what other doors this opens up? *thinks of that thing with the electric elasmosaurs* seems legit.

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 28, 2017, 12:05:36 AM

YES! THAT IS WHAT I FORGOT ABOUT! (So basically I saw that film and I was thinking of that but I forgot what it came from) Thank you for reminding me!

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 27, 2017, 11:06:42 PM
Quote from: SpinoLord on February 27, 2017, 10:19:59 PM
Indeed! The toy works better as Mauriciosaurus!

Funny hoe I got the CollectA Doli today!

Megalosaurus

Felicidades a mi plesiosaurido amigo, esta bien conservadito!!!

Its an amazing fossil from my country.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.