News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Rift

Started by CrypticPrism, April 13, 2017, 05:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

(I feel like I'm becoming a bit spammy on here)

Years ago, I saw a YouTube series called "Prehistoric" by Gloppy605. Then, I found "Dinosaur Island" by BionicleSaurus. I thought to myself, "hey, I'd like to do that.". And from then on, I've been developing a DI-style figure documentary called The Rift. It's set in a literal rift between space and time, (therefore keeping animals both the same as they were when they came in and inside it.) which was opened by an unknown force. (I've actually came up with an explanation that is an alien race trying to use the time wrinkle effect and accidentally ripping the space-time continuum.) Prehistoric animals were vaccuumed into this rift(And I'm keeping them as accurate as possible, therefore no roaring charging T-Rexes, and fluffy dinosaurs.), and the only way they've changed over the millennia is that some of them are different in size than before(mainly smaller dromaeosaurs like velociraptor and archaeopteryx.).

I noticed that after bioniclesaurus finished(well after S3) DI, there were a lot of DI ripoffs popping up usually by people in the 7-13 age range(much almost hypocrite so wow). The speaking is always jumbled, and it's confusing as heck. Another trope is the fact that there's a lot of inter-species packs and herds. I mean, they can happen in real life, but they're usually only around 2 or 3 genera, and that's only migratory herds. There's also a lot of questionable behavior and biology invlolved such as spinosaurs hunting everything but fish, and a lot of inaccurate figures, bad camera work, and stuff like that in these DI ripoffs(I know they're kids but they're usually at the end of that range). Well, I'm here to change that.

In the rift, dinosaurs will be portrayed more like animals than fantasy characters or furries. There will be characters followed on their journey through life, but they won't be the only dinosaurs seen or examined. I'll be recording in my grandparents' yard to avoid a random wall or fence seen in the background(they have a ginormous yard). Anyways, onto the planned characters.

Cinder(Safari Feathered Tyrannosaurus) on his journey to find a mate
Currently Unnamed Juvenile Utahraptor(CollectA Utahraptor who will grow into papo feathered velociraptor by season 2)
Gobi(Safari Feathered Velociraptor)
Sandy(Second Safari Feathered Velociraptor)
Ra(Carnegie Spinosaurus)
Amphrite (CollectA Deluxe Spinosaurus)
Atzec(Safari Quetzalcoatlus)
Atlas(Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus)
Nyx(Safari Microraptor)
Delta(Papo Allosaurus)
Draco(Papo Baryonyx, used as suchomimus)
Definitely not all of the characters that will appear nor the final names.

So yeah, would you guys watch that?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Flaffy

There was a UK tv show called Primeval that played around rips in space time that caused prehistoric fauna to leak into the modern world.
Though they had really inaccurate depictions of those creatures.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on April 13, 2017, 06:35:22 PM
There was a UK tv show called Primeval that played around rips in space time that caused prehistoric fauna to leak into the modern world.
Though they had really inaccurate depictions of those creatures.
Look at the Koolasuchus!

CrypticPrism

Primeval wasn't an inspiration very much, there aren't gonna be humans.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

PumperKrickel

deleted

CrypticPrism

Ravonium

I'm a bit late, but since Prism mentioned this series and thread to me I'll post anyway:

Sounds good.

QuoteI noticed that after bioniclesaurus finished(well after S3) DI, there were a lot of DI ripoffs popping up usually by people in the 7-13 age range(much almost hypocrite so wow).

As someone within that age range, I can assure you that a lot of Youtube videos produced by that age range aren't that good. At this point I don't care that much if i'm hypocritical as I'm generally an individualist.

CrypticPrism

I'm in the same age range and I agree that some of them could very easily be pure satire. Shaky camera work, weird wording, and innacurste dinosaur behavior top the cake of cringe.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.