News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1:20th scale spinosaurus

Started by spinosaurus1, May 02, 2017, 02:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

https://www.9modelism.com/

i'm sure alot of us are aware of the stellar sculptures such as the beautiful mosasaur.

a 1/8th scale indominus rex bust is now available for preorder as well. the detail in the sculpt is immaculate

but what i am seriously eager for is this beast right here

the spinosaurus is going to be 29 inches (72 cms) in length. i am super eager for this resin sculpture release. you can bet that i am buying the resin kit of what is essentially the spinosaurus model we all been waiting for as soon as it becomes available :)

Jose S.M.

Wow that's a nice sculpt and it's huge!

ZoPteryx

Woah, that's pretty cool.  Love how robust it looks, more whale than dinosaur!

BlueKrono

Wow, is there any detail of that that isn't perfect? Everything from the limb proportions to the shape of the spines looks exactly like the skeletals I've seen, and it's got a dynamic pose as well. I love the JW mosasaur of theirs, and this looks like the ultimate piece for Spinosaurus collectors.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Cloud the Dinosaur King

This is incredible! I have to have it! I love the thickness of the neck and the accurate thickness of the sail(which is extremely thin by the way). I wonder how much it will cost, I need it to be in my price range! >:D

terrorchicken

one of the best spino interpretations Ive seen. Love that head & neck!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on May 02, 2017, 12:24:16 PM
I wonder how much it will cost

A 72cm (29inches) resin kit?
I guess around 300usd..

Silvanusaurus

This is incredible! I have to have it! I love the thickness of the neck and the accurate thickness of the sail(which is extremely thin by the way). I wonder how much it will cost, I need it to be in my price range! >:D

Wait, how was it established that the sail was so thin? Did I miss something?

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 02, 2017, 06:31:06 PM

Wait, how was it established that the sail was so thin? Did I miss something?
There was something on the forum about it, I don't remember where though.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 02, 2017, 06:16:01 PM
I wonder how much it will cost

A 72cm (29inches) resin kit?
I guess around 300usd..
No!  :'( I get 10 dollars for my chores every week, so it will take me(thinking), 30 WEEKS!!!!!! I probably won't be able to it until next years since I have Planet Prehistoric and Mesozoic Masterpiece. I'll get it at some point. :P

spinosaurus1

only about 1/3rd of the dorsal ridge would of been a thin tail. the rest would of been a tapering of the actual back to a thin dorsal ridge and then the sail. the only major fault of the sculpture is that you can see each vertebral column at the base of the back. easy to overlook for me though

my wallet is going to hate me, but i don't care, i've waited so long for a spinosaurus of such scale and detail.

Fenestra

That sure is a very sexy looking Spinosaurus.
Any word if it will come with a nice base to display it swimming?
It would be a shame if it wouldn't.

Dinomike

A great looking piece! Can't wait to see it painted.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dobber

Wow that is an impressive sculpt! Quite beautiful  ^-^ I agree though, at that size it's going to be expensive.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.