News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prism's Art that he's never happy with

Started by CrypticPrism, March 30, 2017, 09:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

I can make art. I'm not happy with it, but I can. I have a few questions before I submit drawings here.

1.How do you get claws right?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Halichoeres

Here's a detail of the feet of a bird I drew a few years ago.

Claws always look weird to me because I'm used to hands. But I found it helped if I looked at lots and lots of photos of bird and lizard feet, and thought about the profile of a curved object in every possible orientation. Draw lots of isolated claws before you attach them to anything.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CrypticPrism

Ok, thanks. A drawing of a bulky renovation will be coming soon.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.