News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

School pre k presentation

Started by laticauda, March 05, 2017, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Seriously? Wouldn't the development of an allergy be the result of prolonged exposure?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 21, 2017, 04:17:31 PM
Seriously? Wouldn't the development of an allergy be the result of prolonged exposure?

That's my thoughts yes.  but you can't argue with over protective parents :/

CityRaptor

Yes. I also guess not giving out little dinosaurs to keep might be better. Aside from little kids who might choke on them, there also might be parents who do not approve of their chidren having toy dinosaurs.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 21, 2017, 05:18:39 PM
Yes. I also guess not giving out little dinosaurs to keep might be better. Aside from little kids who might choke on them, there also might be parents who do not approve of their chidren having toy dinosaurs.

the teacher should know so if they are ok with it you should be good.   i remember in kindergarten the teacher gave us cheap plastic marx knockoffs , it was a load of fun, but that was the late 80's... many
people are so paranoid of everything now it seems.

I'm having to currently fill out a stack of forms , provide insurance details and make calls just so the Girl Scouts can visit us.. ugh

CityRaptor

Well, I actually meant parents belonging to certain religious groups. You know, some downright deny the existence of dinosaurs.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 21, 2017, 05:25:21 PM
I'm having to currently fill out a stack of forms , provide insurance details and make calls just so the Girl Scouts can visit us.. ugh
I guess that doing that is neccesary in a country where everyone can sue everyone else over everything. No wonder people become paranoid.
Oh no

BlueKrono

"I guess that doing that is neccesary in a country where everyone can sue everyone else over everything. No wonder people become paranoid."

Damn right. It's downright terrifying.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

laticauda

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 21, 2017, 11:41:35 AM
Quote from: laticauda on March 21, 2017, 02:29:27 AM
I think I'll buy a mini toob and pass out one animal to each kid.  A fun little send off at the end of my presentation.

Good idea, would recommend though either to hand them out via letting the kids grab the figure blind from a bag or to have multiples of just one dinosaur model to avoid arguing about who get's which one. If you do not mind the extra work, you could equip every dino with a small tag with its name on it, era, plant/meat eater etc., so the kids can tell/discuss the figure later with their educators or parents if they want to.

Love that idea!  A little extra work but I think that could be fun.

It is a shame how sue happy of a country this is.  I took your advice and asked permission from the teacher to make sure it is ok.  It should be ok but you never know.  Sure creationists might argue the age of dinosaurs but they agree that they existed, so I don't think they'll be any religious push back.  Right?

CityRaptor

Depends on. There is at least one branch that believes that they never existed and God/Satan put their bones there to test mankind. And then there are those who believe that the bones are actually made by people, either to make money or as part of a Zionist/Free Mason/Illuminti agenda.
Oh no

Neosodon

Quote from: laticauda on March 21, 2017, 11:12:12 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 21, 2017, 11:41:35 AM
Quote from: laticauda on March 21, 2017, 02:29:27 AM
I think I'll buy a mini toob and pass out one animal to each kid.  A fun little send off at the end of my presentation.

Good idea, would recommend though either to hand them out via letting the kids grab the figure blind from a bag or to have multiples of just one dinosaur model to avoid arguing about who get's which one. If you do not mind the extra work, you could equip every dino with a small tag with its name on it, era, plant/meat eater etc., so the kids can tell/discuss the figure later with their educators or parents if they want to.

Love that idea!  A little extra work but I think that could be fun.

It is a shame how sue happy of a country this is.  I took your advice and asked permission from the teacher to make sure it is ok.  It should be ok but you never know.  Sure creationists might argue the age of dinosaurs but they agree that they existed, so I don't think they'll be any religious push back.  Right?
I learned about evolution and stuff in high school were there was plenty of scientifically conservative people and there was no fuss. But I don't think you can be sued for violating someones scientific beliefs or else every science teacher in the country would be getting sued.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'm no legal expert but I'm sure you're fine. There are people who claim that the moon landing was a hoax but no one would get in trouble for teaching kids about Apollo 11.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wouldn't be too concerned over the evolution vs creationism/ any other religion's creation beliefs.  Creationists have mostly went to home schooling their kids here anyway.  The worst I've endured on that front at the park has been the odd senior citizen lecturing me and a booklet or two dropped in my donation box.  Not a big deal, there was one lady I made the mistake of pointing out the neatness of Dimetrodon's teeth to..somehow it got back to me she relayed the information I gave her on evolution as " there is a man there that told us people came from dinosaurs.. "  lol

CityRaptor

LOL indeed. Of course it would be pretty cool if people came from dinosaurs. But then they would be very different people.

Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 21, 2017, 11:26:11 PM
Depends on. There is at least one branch that believes that they never existed and God/Satan put their bones there to test mankind. And then there are those who believe that the bones are actually made by people, either to make money or as part of a Zionist/Free Mason/Illuminti agenda.
Then there are also other who believe that they did exist, but for some sort of failed science experiment. And then the most rational, people who think they evolved as any other animals but doubt either the big-bang or life starting from inanimate formations or both, and replace only that small part with religion.

I am none of these things, just pointing out young-earth is only one kind of creationist. At worst a kid or two might try and heckle you over it "My mommy said that's not true." etc. etc., there's no way they'd have grounds to sue you.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.