News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

H S Brumm flat metal

Started by UK, November 19, 2013, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooksonia

I collected a few Shreddies plastic flats when a child. However eating Shreddies put me off. I got quite a few from ebay which were a different brand but exactly the same figures. I would love a set of Brumm's

Lanthanotus

While I got my two Brumm figures from ebay by pure chance (neither the seller nor me knew anything about them at the time of the sale)
I only saw one other offered there for quiete some money. I`d guess it`s more promising to search dedicated pewter trade forums or
fairs, though I got told by a member, he found his set in a pewter "scrap" sale on ebay. Luck is so unreliable :D

Libraraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 20, 2020, 08:57:00 AM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 19, 2020, 08:12:04 PM
Thanks Robin, that`s exactly the edition I have, well, mine`s in German, but otherwise it`s a total hit.

..yes, I know, I also have the german edition.. ^-^

Sorry, a little off topic here, but avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow , where did you get that Dinosauroid?

Libraraptor

cooksonia

Quote from: DC on January 06, 2021, 08:15:33 PM
Schmalkader makes a selection of Prehistoric flats

https://www.schmalkalder-zinnfiguren.de/kambrium-silur-devon-karbon-zechstein.html

Thanks for the link. Ordered three of these sets. Looking forward to them.

Halichoeres

https://www.schmalkalder-zinnfiguren.de/kambrium-silur-devon-karbon-zechstein.html

Thanks avatar_DC @DC these look a little more crude than the Brumm or Berliner figures, but I've got to have the Paleozoic set! I appreciate the link.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DC

I order some waiting fro them to show long trip. Flats are still a garage industry in In Germany for a niche market so you really have to look. I was planning before covid of spend a week visiting some stores in Germany when I went to the Nuremburg Toy Faie but things changed. I would like to see them painted by Boki.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Halichoeres

Quote from: DC on January 15, 2021, 09:04:53 PM
I order some waiting fro them to show long trip. Flats are still a garage industry in In Germany for a niche market so you really have to look. I was planning before covid of spend a week visiting some stores in Germany when I went to the Nuremburg Toy Faie but things changed. I would like to see them painted by Boki.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing what Boki would make of them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

DC

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 15, 2021, 08:57:31 PM

Thanks avatar_DC @DC these look a little more crude than the Brumm or Berliner figures, but I've got to have the Paleozoic set! I appreciate the link.

I got my figures and they are more finely done than the pictures would suggest. They about the size of saurier figures smaller than the Berliner or Brumm. Some of the smaller marine figures have no base so they can be posed  flat on the sea floor , the trilobite or on a marine picture the fish. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Halichoeres

You're right, DC--I got mine in and some of them are much nicer than the photos on Schmalkalder's site would suggest. I'll be posting my own photos of them soon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.