News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Coat of Arms

Started by BlueKrono, June 12, 2017, 04:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Stumbled upon on the internet today: the Coat of Arms of West Lothian.

Probably the only official coat of arms in the world that features a prehistoric animal, West Lothian in Scotland features the appropriately named Westlothiana lizziae, which is possibly the earliest reptile. Also fun fact: the paleontologist who discovered it originally named it "Lizzy the Lizard", which is where the species name comes from.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Ravonium

Good find BlueKrono.

Turns out there are more:

I don't want to make this post awfully long by putting loads of pictures on it so I'll give two examples

This is the coat of arms of Wappen Bedheim in Thuringia, Germany. The dinosaur featured on this is Lilliensternus.

This is the flag and coat of arms of the town of Saky in Crimea.

Nanuqsaurus

Coat of Arms of the Chernyshevsky District in Russia, featuring Kulindadromeus.

Ravonium

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on June 12, 2017, 03:36:53 PM
Coat of Arms of the Chernyshevsky District in Russia, featuring Kulindadromeus.

I could probably show a few more from Russia, but this one is the best I found

From the Srednekolymsk District.

BlueKrono

Those are awesome! Even a feathered dinosaur. Thanks for the input you guys.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.