You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eustreptospondylus-esque figures?

Started by IrritatorRaji, June 21, 2017, 11:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm still learnin' the ropes here.

Does anyone know of of any dinosaur figures out there that could pass for a Eustreptospondylus?

I ask because there aren't really any Eustreptospondylus figures out there. I mean, there's the Geoworld one (which I will never get) and the only other one is...

...yeah.

Since Eustreptospondylus is a Megalosaurid, I tried looking for a Megalosaurus toy, but the only Megalosaurus I can find that doesn't resemble that old, out-dated, tripod stance, monster-lizard Megalosaur is the Toyway one, which isn't that easy to find.

Any help?  :-\

PumperKrickel

deleted

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on June 21, 2017, 11:59:57 PM
How about the Collecta Torvosaurus?

Hmm, the fact that it has a base is annoying, but I suppose I could just remove it and fiddle with the feet a little.

terrorchicken

I use to have the Toyway megalosaurus. It really wasn't that great a figure, only slightly better than that Collecta eustreptospondylus whose pic you posted. I still think the best megalosaur toy is the old Invicta one which is based on an old reconstruction but nicely done.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

I bought it all day at everythingdinosaur.co.uk but I do not understand how in eBay stores they call it teratosaurus when it is actually a megalosaurus.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 22, 2017, 09:11:42 PM
I bought it all day at everythingdinosaur.co.uk but I do not understand how in eBay stores they call it teratosaurus when it is actually a megalosaurus.

I noticed that too.
And currently is out of stock at E.D., But he/she may ask Mike if his team can get one more.

There is actually an Eustreptospondylus by Geoworld:

Another HARD TO FIND by TS Toys:

And an horrible cheaposaur one:

----

There's also a Dinoking sega Megalosaurus:

And the Collecta one:

And this evil one:

My final recomedation: Get the Geoworld one.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

stargatedalek

I recommend the Dinosaur King one, as it has the correct skull proportions. Best there is at the moment.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Megalosaurus on June 22, 2017, 10:48:20 PM
My final recomedation: Get the Geoworld one.

I know of the Geoworld one, I just refuse to buy any of their dinosaurs because of all the plagiarising they've been accused of :/ 

Jetoar

As megalosaurid you have to Torvosaurus from Collecta and my Torvosaurus too.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures