News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Not Enough Different Models! Part Two

Started by QuetzalcoatlusKing, July 13, 2017, 11:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out Of These Permian Creatures Which Needs A New/Updated Model?

Dimetrodon
4 (28.6%)
Ophiacodon
0 (0%)
Edaphosaurus
4 (28.6%)
Secodontosaurus
5 (35.7%)
Diadectes
1 (7.1%)
Platyhystix
2 (14.3%)
Somethings Else
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

QuetzalcoatlusKing

So, Permian era creatures win! which of these do you want? You have 14 days until I declare winner (poll is infinite)

Papi-Anon

I'd like a more updated Dimetrodon based on the more recent info such as the high-walk, jutting neural spines unconnected at the top halves by the sail flesh, more mammal-like snout with lips, etc.

But at the same time I feel a less reptilian Gorgonopsid would be better, more mammalian features present. Gorgonopsids are rarely done for figures (still working on my own).
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

QuetzalcoatlusKing

Quote from: Papi-Anon on July 22, 2017, 09:42:22 PM
updated Dimetrodon high-walk, jutting neural spines unconnected at the top halves by the sail flesh, more mammal-like snout with lips, etc.

But at the same time I feel a less reptilian Gorgonopsid would be better, more mammalian features present. Gorgonopsids are rarely done for figures (still working on my own).
Thank you for the input. I will have more Gorgonopsids in

QuetzalcoatlusKing

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.