You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science

Started by MaastrichtianGuy, June 26, 2017, 02:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichtianGuy

the new look of the museum is open in my home city Miami so i decided to show some pics to you.i went to into this exhibition Feathers to the Stars where show how life of flight began starting with ancestrial species of birds,modern day birds and air vehicles but it also has feathered Dinosaurs in their and a few mammals that somewhat lived with the dinosaurs which is in the Origins of Flight part of the exhibition

the star in this Exhibit is a Yutyrannus chasing off flocks of Confuciusornis

next to the Yutyrannus is a Psittacosaurus

Onychonycteris

Dimorphodon

Volaticotherium

Protolindenia wittei

Gansus yumenensis

Feather Evolution

a feather fossil collected from the Green River Formation in Wyoming

MaastrichtianGuy

Confuciusornis

Sinornithosaurus

Caudipteryx

Bambiraptor

Archaeopteryx

a Movie Showing feathered dinosaurs and other flying creatures of the Cretaceous

an interactive game called From Dinosaur From Bird where you get to evolve your dinosaur from scaly,feathered to bird

MaastrichtianGuy

in the aquarium the dive in the third level floor there is exhibit of a Xiphactinus and other Cretaceous fish like Gillicus Pentanogmius and Apsopelix

a Fossil dig for kids to dig up fossils from my home state Florida

the Science Store

Neosodon

Looks interesting. The 2017 safari velociraptor was a good choice for the gift shop.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Lanthanotus

Thanks for showing those pictures, looks like an interesting part of the exhibition. I especially like the Caudipteryx and Yutyrannus reconstructions.

ceratopsian

I'm not familiar with this museum. Thanks for showing us all. I too enjoyed those reconstructions.

MaastrichtianGuy

ZoPteryx

Neat place, thanks for sharing!  I'll definitely stop by there if I'm in the area.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.