News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Geibunsha dioramasaurus

Started by UK, April 08, 2018, 10:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Fantastic line from Japan. Eight figures on bases which link together. Comes complete with their own booklet which look stunning though sadly I don't read Japanese. The booklets contains photos of lovely figures which I wonder if they were ever mass produced.

Lanthanotus

Thanks for those close ups :) They look adorable.

Is that extremly longnecked Mamenchisaurus also available or a one of a kind?

Shonisaurus

And the material as I have been told is made of the same as the prehistoric animals of Play Visions. They honestly look like resin or an even nobler material. :)

Halichoeres

That's a really pretty set. Always makes me wistful when a company makes a great set like this and then we never hear from them again (it seems Geibunsha mostly does toy cars).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Those are really pretty. I like the Seismosaurus a lot, also the pose of the Pteranodon exactly when it's catching it's prey.

ceratopsian

Roselaar

Lovely little set. Great detail, as is usual for Japanese minifigures. Good to see another Jobaria.

ImADinosaurRARR

OMG! I need them!!!!!!!!! Where did you get them?

Edit: Also, there seems to be a seam on the Futabasaurus's neck. Can you detach it and put it on to the base like on the book cover?

UK

Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on April 09, 2018, 01:25:44 PM

Edit: Also, there seems to be a seam on the Futabasaurus's neck. Can you detach it and put it on to the base like on the book cover?

You can indeed. I'll try and get a picture up soon

Shonisaurus

It is one of the few toy companies that has chosen seismosaurus as a model to market. It is to be thankful.

SBell

Quote from: UK on April 09, 2018, 02:13:30 PM
Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on April 09, 2018, 01:25:44 PM

You can indeed. I'll try and get a picture up soon

I have seen it posed that way! I always like it, but either couldn't find it or wouldn't pay the prices asked.

BTW--the Pteranodon has a fish in its mouth--is it detachable? And either way, can we get close ups of it?!

UK

Will try. Teaching tonight but might get chance. Quality will be up to my normal standards. Sorry in advance.

Bokisaurus

Wonderful new set! Wow, you find something new everyday, never even heard of these guys before.
I really love and want that Siesmo and mamenchi, wonder how easy it is to get them. Very nice.

BrontoScorpio

Great stuff.
Sadly, The Futabasaurus was designed to be used with it's neck only -
what makes the setting of the complete body out of the water a bit awkward.
but, never the less - one of the best.
congrats.

UK

Poor photo alert but here we go...

Great detail for what would have been a relatively cheap item.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.