You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO's Tyrannosaurus "Wilson" & Triceratops "Doyle" photos

Started by catchup, August 13, 2017, 08:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchup

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on August 29, 2017, 03:39:43 AM
I'd rather Yiniao get the copyright rather than PNSO tbh.
Those sculpts don't deserve to be ruined by cheap paint and over fancy booklets and boxes.

PNSO was established in 2009 by artist Mr. Zhao Chuang & writer Yang Yang, as a pure research organization of science & art. Its full name is Pecking Natural Science-Art Organization. They cooperate in projects with museums, universities, labs and medias all over the world, providing their works with copyrights.

Yiniao was established in 2014, with the full name 上海嘉麟杰益鸟文化传媒有限公司. They were granted by PNSO as the exclusive agency for their intellectual property. They setup offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Taipei, Tokyo and Stockholm.

It seems to me that Yiniao is the money behind all this. And rumor has it that Mr. Zhao Chuang wants to make figures with better quality, but the marketing department have different plans. So I guess Mr. Zhao (PNSO) is trying to get out of Yiniao's control to seek for new partners?

Flaffy

Oh wait mixed up Zhao with Yin, sorry I meant Zhao and Yang Yang get the copyright.

catchup

Quote from: catchup on August 29, 2017, 01:44:56 AM
Quote from: KeU on August 27, 2017, 02:32:41 PM
Quote from: catchup on August 24, 2017, 02:03:56 PM

Nice pic.
Does that mean PNSO is still alive and plan on releasing new figures despite the rumors?
Fingers crossed.
Hope they release the next row of figures at the very least.

I was told that there is a lawsuit over copyright between Yiniao and PNSO. On the top right corner of the picture I uploaded, the logo is Yiniao, not PNSO. But I know little details about this.

And the mass production of Amargasaurs model was finished in August without painting or package. Need to wait til October for them to complete the job.

Rumor has it that the hope of seeing Amargasaurs in October is gone. They couldn't finish the production...

Anyway, I'm not sure it's a good idea trying to sell this not so famous dinosaur after Wilson and Doyle. Maybe PNSO need another choice to boost sales.

KeU

Quote from: catchup on September 08, 2017, 11:57:02 AM
Rumor has it that the hope of seeing Amargasaurs in October is gone. They couldn't finish the production...
Anyway, I'm not sure it's a good idea trying to sell this not so famous dinosaur after Wilson and Doyle. Maybe PNSO need another choice to boost sales.
So... does it mean they are no longer gonna release the Amargasaurus or the release getting pushed to November?
Well, if they want a safer release, the Spino and Giga will be good choices.

catchup

Quote from: KeU on September 11, 2017, 02:18:02 AM
So... does it mean they are no longer gonna release the Amargasaurus or the release getting pushed to November?

No updated release date of Amargasaurus yet.

Another unofficial news is that Mamenchisaurus youngi will be available next month. Previously it was sold with some dinosaur stamps as a whole set which was expensive . This time it's going to be the figure alone at about half the price.

Nothing is certain for PNSO...

KeU

Quote from: catchup on September 11, 2017, 12:45:39 PM
Quote from: KeU on September 11, 2017, 02:18:02 AM
No updated release date of Amargasaurus yet.
Another unofficial news is that Mamenchisaurus youngi will be available next month. Previously it was sold with some dinosaur stamps as a whole set which was expensive . This time it's going to be the figure alone at about half the price.
Nothing is certain for PNSO...
Thanks for the update.

catchup

Sad news! Heard from an agent, we won't see Amargasaurus or Mamenchisaurus (without stamps) released in Oct.
Due to the lawsuit, all production and sales of PNSO's figures were stopped. All products in their official online shop in Taobao went offline.

ceratopsian

Sad news indeed.  I kept putting off buying "Doyle".  I should have been quicker off the mark!

KeU

Quote from: catchup on September 29, 2017, 06:32:11 AM
Sad news! Heard from an agent, we won't see Amargasaurus or Mamenchisaurus (without stamps) released in Oct.
Due to the lawsuit, all production and sales of PNSO's figures were stopped. All products in their official online shop in Taobao went offline.
Oh no!
That is sad news.
Hopefully Zhao Chuang can find a worthwhile partner to get his models out to the market soon.

Shonisaurus

Unfortunately it has ruined a great company that promised. I'm really sorry.  :(  :'(

PhilSauria

Sorry to hear this, as usual the lawyers will be the only ones to profit out of it, with the creator and collectors losing out. Just hope that the cost of the already expensive figures does not go even higher with greedy opportunists using the scarcity of supply to post on eBay at insane prices!

KeU

Heeey, you got Wilson!
Congrats on the new add.
Seems like you are liking him alot.

catchup

Quote from: KeU on October 01, 2017, 08:32:02 PM
Heeey, you got Wilson!
Congrats on the new add.
Seems like you are liking him alot.

Thanks a lot mate! Yes I'm still immersed in the joy of owning it:)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.