News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Most Wanted Permian Model is Voted For!

Started by QuetzalcoatlusKing, August 18, 2017, 01:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuetzalcoatlusKing

The Secodontosaurus is the most wanted Permian creature from "Not Enough Different Models Part 2". the results took longer to look at than expected bc I had a busy summer. so who wants to get the Secodontosaurus onto shelves?

BlueKrono

That is one of the Permian animals I most want to see. Shame it's never been done before, but maybe it's considered too close to Dimetrodon.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

PaleoMatt

CityRaptor

Quote from: BlueKrono on August 18, 2017, 04:02:23 PM
That is one of the Permian animals I most want to see. Shame it's never been done before, but maybe it's considered too close to Dimetrodon.

Well, if you only have the postscranial skeleton, it is hard to tell them apart.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bowhead Whale

I would like to get one, but I still would have preferred a Cotylorhynchus (caseid). It looks even weirder.

SBell

Quote from: Bowhead Whale on September 20, 2017, 07:37:55 PM
I would like to get one, but I still would have preferred a Cotylorhynchus (caseid). It looks even weirder.

There's always the Acheson Creation Primeval Designs one:

https://achesoncreations.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=717&virtuemart_category_id=50

I don't have this one, but I have others, they are nice models. As a 28mm-scale model, it should be about 4 inches/10cm long, so not a bad size. I think it's a plastic resin that requires painting.

And if you don't like that marine-iguana frill, it would be pretty easy to remove.

Bowhead Whale

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.