News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Model kit makers (was Re: Galileo Out of Business?)

Started by Roktman, July 29, 2012, 01:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 28, 2012, 06:01:28 PM
Looks like the Barosaurus vs Allosaurus models are back in stock too :'(

I would love that kit but I have promised myself I will never order from him again.

Just hold back a bit and see if more positive reviews show up..if everything looks good maybe then.

radman

Argentavis

Quote from: radman on August 28, 2012, 05:16:33 PM
Quote from: Argentavis on August 28, 2012, 05:11:29 PM
Yesterday i received my 1/48 scale T.Rex from Galileo. The stamp on the package says 08.02. (second august), it needs much time from Mexico to Germany/Europe.

If you are interested i can post a few pics of the kit in the "dinosaur kits" forum. :)
Yes please.  ^-^

Hi radman, i have posted some pics in another thread. ;)

ProSauropod

Ordered the Barosaurus / Allosaurus kit on July 4; it arrived Sept. 6.  Shipped on July 8.  The only thing I can fault him for is using whatever passes for a Mexican Post Office.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ProSauropod on September 09, 2012, 05:01:12 PM
Ordered the Barosaurus / Allosaurus kit on July 4; it arrived Sept. 6.  Shipped on July 8.  The only thing I can fault him for is using whatever passes for a Mexican Post Office.
I'm so jealous :'(

Argentavis

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 09, 2012, 05:43:50 PM
Quote from: ProSauropod on September 09, 2012, 05:01:12 PM
I'm so jealous :'(

I was happy that my small 1/48 t-rex is not getting lost - that tiny package... ;) ;D

0onarcissisto0

So I ordered the Allosaurus vs Barosaurus kit about 3 weeks ago and received it today. Problem is it was missing the Allosaurus' feet and tail and the young Barosaurus neck and tail. I contacted Galileo and he said he was going to send them right away. We'll see if he makes good on that. Kind of upset about the missing pieces though.
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

ataraxus

puh, after a long time i got yesterday my suchomimus. i had often the same problems with him, incomplete orders, late shipping unanswered emails and so on.
i wrote him, would you lost a buyer or not, he wrote i will hold me. so i made a deal with him, i ordered two kits with the concrete wish to ship them within 4 weeks and complete otherwise i will open a paypal conflict. after three weeks i got the first kit (and a missing part from an older order) but one kits was not included. so i wrote him and he promised the ship it very fast. i did not get it within the 4 weeks so i have frozen the money on paypal. he told me that the package is on the way and i should ending the conflict but i told him "no, first your part must be done". he accept this, after one week i got the kit and now all is peaceful.
i think this is the only way. i like the stuff from Galileo and i will support him but only to acceptable conditions. when i use paypal i have something to make pressure.
i offered him also to send the missing parts with a new order. this is maybe also an possible way.
good luck for all who waiting on stuff from him.

dinocat

My latest from Galileo was the Suchomimus. I have to stay on him to ship and give me a tracking #. He says he had to ship kits a 2nd time because they were lost in the mail. Just ordered the Koreaceratops and Saurolophus. He usually replies promptly via email. I've been very pleased with his kits once I get them.

Cirex

Ordered Galileo's 1/15 scale Acrocanthosaurus the 16th of September, received it Friday 12th of October very well packaged (each piece wraped individually with buble wrap).
Model now on it's way to Martin for buildup and painting...

Argentavis

Received my last order today after around 2 month of waiting, but now everything is here, no missing or broken parts... :)
I have ordered the 1/35 Suchomimus, the 1/40 Allosaurus and a second 1/48 T-Rex (i need 2 JP-versions  ;) )

If you are interested i can post some pics of the kits.

Mironimus

Does anybody know what's up with Galileo Hernandez ?
He don't answers to my messages / orders anymore.
:P

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

nwfonseca

As a maker, I would say 6 months and not getting an order or response is unacceptable unless there was a real reason like your shop "house" burned down, or some family emergency etc. There is no reason that you can't at some point post to a forum like this or on facebook and give people a heads up if you can't personally respond because of said emergency. Also, if someone takes your money and promises to sell you something and they spend the money on something else; I would call that either illegal or close to it. You would easily win a lawsuit and be awarded restitution from a judge.

I personally use Etsy to sell my models as I can set a count of how many models I have in stock so when the customer can see what I have. I don't by principle accept orders on something I don't have. I have once had a bit of a delay getting my models but I definitely was up front about it.  I would definitely give a refund if I didn't live up to my side of the bargain.

With regards to overseas shipping I would never expect a model in a week. I've had models I've shipped to customers in China sit in Chinese customs for weeks. I've even had them stuck in customs here in the US leaving the country. I don't know what the heck they do with packages with a model kit in it, but it happens. I always send a tracking number with the order so the customer can see where it is. Although once it leaves our shores in the States at least it is out of our hands.

Frankly, I wouldn't buy from someone with a bad reputation unless I could get it at a retailer.
According the the FTC You must provide a delay option notice if you can't ship within the originally promised time. And If you can't ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel
and get a full and prompt refund.

That isn't some crazy thing you learn in business school, it is being honest with someone who liked what you made enough to give you money for it. We are a pretty small community, and I would find it personally insulting to be scammed by another person in the community. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.