News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pterosaur figures

Started by Irritation, October 08, 2017, 03:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Pterosaur do you want to get made into figures?

Nyctosaurus
17 (48.6%)
Ornithocherus
6 (17.1%)
Tupuxuara
6 (17.1%)
Tapejara
4 (11.4%)
Anurognathus
13 (37.1%)
Rhamphorynchus
3 (8.6%)
Hatzegopteryx
5 (14.3%)
Pterodaustro
16 (45.7%)
Petinosaurus
3 (8.6%)
Gallodactylus
3 (8.6%)
Germanodactylus
2 (5.7%)
Anhangurea
3 (8.6%)
Pteranodon
7 (20%)
Quetzolcoatlus
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Irritation

Have fun voting and this is for fan purposes only.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'm waiting on pins and needles for an updated short-necked Hatzy from Collecta! I'm all but certain it will be in their lineup a year or so from now.

Mirroraptor

3 options are not enough.
There is no any good pterosaurs figure product on the market at present. PAPO's Pteranodon and Tupuxuara, or Kaiyodo gashapon series maybe is the best pterosaurs figure you can buy right now. But still not good ENOUGH, a lot of the details wrong, or too small.
Some model kits or statues seems better, but too expensive or hard to find.

Flaffy

::) Papo's Pteranodon sure is a lot better than Safari's Quetzalcoatlus, Rhamphorhynchus, Dimorphodon, unnamed Pterosaur, Tapejara (tupandactylus), Schleich's Pteranodon, Bullyland's Pteranodons (geosternbergia), Favourite's Pteranodons (geosternbergia), PNSO Nyctosaurus, CollectA's Dimorphodon, Guidraco etc

Reptilia

Papo's Tupuxuara is a very nice little figure, as is the Dimorphodon, which has an incredibly fine detail. Not a fan of the Pteranodon though, or any WS pterosaur.

Patrx

Unfortunately, outside of some Japanese figures, there are very few good pterosaurs out there, even taking resin kits and the like into account. Many don't have fuzz, making them 186 years out of date  ::) It'd be really great to actually see a decent Pterodactylus at some point!

Actually, seeing as a lot of PVC pterosaurs end up with bent beaks and wingtips due to packaging and storage, maybe that's just not a great material to make them from?

tyrantqueen

I vote for Pterodaustro, because of how bizarre it looks, and there are very few (if any) toys of it.

QuoteNot a fan of the Pteranodon though, or any WS pterosaur.

What about the WS Dimorphodon? It has fuzz...

sauroid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 27, 2017, 10:49:05 AM
I vote for Pterodaustro, because of how bizarre it looks, and there are very few (if any) toys of it.
there is one but it's Geoworld quality/style so we still need a realistic looking figure made by any of the major brands.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 27, 2017, 10:49:05 AM
What about the WS Dimorphodon? It has fuzz...

Don't really like the sculpt, mainly cause I don't like open wings pterosaurs in general. The Papo Dimorphodon is an exception, it is represented while landing (or taking off), something you don't see very often in pterosaur figures. I like the Rebor male Dimorphodon, and then I think the two huge Collecta are probably the best you can get, as far as accuracy go. For me the one that would need the most an accurate, up-to-date rendition is Pteranodon though.

Shonisaurus

You have forgotten pherosaur figures very well known among others the dsungaripterus that except Japanese companies and I do not know if Chinese has not been commercialized seriously in the toy market and that is a rather rare figure paleontologically speaking.

On the other hand the Wild Safari dimorphodon has unfortunately been dwarfed by companies like Collecta or Rebor as you have indicated above all Reptilia. Also the dimorphodon Papo is not a precisely bad figure although we know that it is not paleontologically accurate.

Halichoeres

There's also the Cog Ltd Pterodaustro:

But it could certainly be improved upon. Meanwhile, I have spares of this one if anyone's looking.

Also, there are exactly zero representatives, as far as I know, of Lonchodectidae, Chaoyangopteridae, Wukongopteridae, and Istiodactylidae. All we ever get are Dimorphodon, large azhdarchids, and Pteranodon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

I made a Europejara too  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

I wish Caiuajara was in the poll too. Would have voted for it. I've been wondering if a company would dare make a little Caiuajara family or growth stages set, like the families CollectA did. But one adult model would be great.

Dinoguy2

If Germanodactylus or yet another Rhamphorhynchus or Quetzslcoatlus get made into figures before friggin' PTERODACTYLUS I'm going to lose it ;)

That being said, I voted for "Gallodactylus" (=Cycnorhamphus) because it is a really unique looking species that has never been done, as opposed to azhdarchoid #83 or yet another anhanguerid.

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.