You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Bad" Dinosaur Toys / Models That You Like?

Started by IrritatorRaji, November 25, 2017, 08:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

CityRaptor

You are welcome.
And good luck because that game tends to be expensive.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

terrorchicken

I love the purple terror bird! and that turtle, what species is it supposed to be?

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 02, 2017, 04:41:40 PM
It's a piece from a board game: "Die Schacht der Dinosaurier"

Here is more about it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1081/die-schlacht-der-dinosaurier

lol, thats some great art.

CityRaptor

Schleich simply called it Panzersaurier. I've seen it get identified as Proganochelys.

Believe it or not, there was a 1000 piece puzzle based on that artwork.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

I don't tend to have a soft spot for chinasaurs, but, these guys are personal favorites, because they're nostalgiac as heck to me. I can remember seeing these guys at nearby swap meets, and I actually own the Tyrannosaurus.

ITdactyl

Well, that angry protesting euoplocephalus sure looks interesting... ;D

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Loon on December 03, 2017, 05:23:18 AM
I don't tend to have a soft spot for chinasaurs, but, these guys are personal favorites, because they're nostalgiac as heck to me. I can remember seeing these guys at nearby swap meets, and I actually own the Tyrannosaurus.

What I'm assuming is a Ceratosaurus (1) and Diplodocus (9) actually look kinda nice! Wouldn't mind owning them  ^-^

Shonisaurus

The styracosaurus would not mind having it, it looks fantastic even if it's a chinasaur. I sincerely like this company and that collection of dinosaurs, they look impressive.

The same can be said of pachycephalosaurus, it is a quite impressive collection and that honestly does not look bad even if it is imprecise.

Pachyallosaurus

I actually own the stegosaurus.

But on the topic of bad dinosaur toys, I really like the old Carnegies. I know they are very outdated and poorly sculpted, but, I love the retro aesthetic to them. And back in the late 80's/early 90's, vinyl was hard to sculpt and paint, so I don't blame Safari.

zatrex99

Most recently, the 2017 Schleich Brachiosaurus. While I already have the perfect one, WS, this one reminded of a children's book illustration from childhood. The only other time I have felt this desire to buy such a bad figure was the Schleich Parasaurolophus, 2008, I think. It just looked cute, so I bought it.