You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Some good figures in the 1/50 to 1/60 size range

Started by tyrantqueen, December 28, 2017, 11:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

As some people know, I tend to prefer figures that are on the smaller size because I have limited space. I'm looking for models/toys in the 1/50 to 1/60 range.

So I know of:
Carnegie Brachiosaurus 1/50
CollectA swimming Spinosaurus 1:60
Papo Apatosaurus 1/50 or possibly 1/40

The previous Favorite Ltd. line is supposed to be around 1/50 also. It's tricky to know because most companies do not explicitly state scale.

Any others? Many thanks :)

Halichoeres

Here are some from my collection, based on my own estimates. I usually prefer 1/40 so I'm probably missing a lot that would suit you, but maybe this list will have some ideas for you:

Postosuchus   Safari Ltd (Toob)   48.0
Jobaria   CollectA   48.5
Sauropelta   Kaiyodo   48.5
Excalibosaurus   CollectA   48.6
Deinonychus   Favorite (metal model)   48.6
Cetiosaurus   Invicta   49.0
Scolosaurus   Starlux   49.0
Brachiosaurus   Carnegie   49.7
Muttaburrasaurus   CollectA   50.0
Giralia pterosaur   Yowie   50.0
tree fern   Safari Ltd   50
Nedoceratops (=Diceratops)   Xidi   50.6
Dakosaurus   Safari Ltd   50.6
Elasmosaurus   Safari Ltd   51.0
Zhuchengtyrannus   Favorite   51.2
Futabasaurus   Colorata   51.3
Keratocephalus   DinoWaurs   51.4
Shunosaurus   Safari Ltd   51.6
Sinoceratops   Favorite   51.7
Bactrosaurus   Danone   52.5
Lourinhanosaurus   CollectA   52.5
Camarasaurus   Carnegie   52.6
Daxiatitan   CollectA   53.2
Therizinosaurus   CollectA (standard)   53.9
Rhoetosaurus   CollectA   53.9
Pachydiscus   Kaiyodo   55.4
Brachylophosaurus   Jasman   55.6
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Joey

The Papo Apatosaurus is marked as "Young Apatosaurus" so should be about 1:35 to 1:40 scale, but you can very well have it as an adult at about 1:50 scale.

Fembrogon

The new Favorite swimming Spinosaurus, by my measurements, sits roughly in the 1:60 to 1:62 range. I haven't measured my other Favorites for comparison.

tyrantqueen

I didn't realise this thread had been replied to. Thanks for the hints, especially your post, Halichoeres.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.