You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mirificus Studios Poll: Top Jawless Chordate & "Placoderm"?

Started by ZoPteryx, December 15, 2017, 06:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which jawless chordate & "placoderm" would you like to see added to the Mirificus Studios line of figures?  Please choose six (6).

Haikouichthys ercaicunensis (Cambrian basal chordate from China)
Promissum pulchrum (Ordovician large conodont from South Africa)
Boreaspis rostrate (Devonian jawless fish with an arrow-shaped armored head)
Sanchaspis megalorostrata (Devonian jawless fish with an anchor-shaped armored head from China)
Sacabambaspis janvieri (Ordovician jawless fish with decorative tail fins from Bolivia)
Pycnosteus tuberculata (Devonian manta ray-like armor-headed jawless fish)
Doryaspis nathorsti (Devonian saw-snouted and saw-winged armor-headed jawless fish from Norway)
Rhinopteraspis dunensis (Devonian long-nosed and long-spined armor-headed jawless fish)
Furcacauda heintzae (Devonian angelfish-like jawless fish from Canada)
Loganellia scotica (Silurian-Devonian jawless fish with paired fins)
Birkenia elegans (Silurian armor-banded jawless fish with odd dorsal spines from Europe)
Endeiolepis aneri (Devonian lamprey-like jawless fish with large gills and a strong tail)
Mesomyzon mengae (Early Cretaceous essentially modern lamprey from China)
Pterichthyodes milleri (Devonian dome-backed placoderm from Scotland)
Gorgonichthys clarki (Devonian large predatory placoderm from the USA)
Titanichthys clarkii (Devonian giant filter-feeding placoderm from the USA)
Rhenonema eifeliense (Devonian placoderm with "Elvis hair" from Germany)
Heterosteus asmussi (Devonian giant bottom-dwelling placoderm from Estonia)
Carolowilhelmina geognostica (Devonian pelagic swordfish-like placoderm from Spain)
Tiaraspis subtilis (Devonian high-spined placoderm from Germany)
Materpiscis attenboroughi (Devonian live-bearing chimera-like placoderm from Australia)
Gemuendina stuertzi (Devonian flattened stargazer-like placoderm from Germany)
Entelognathus primordialis (Silurian placoderm with true jaw bones from China)
Neopetalichthys yenmenpaensis (Devonian placoderm with long lateral spines from China)
Qilinyu rostrata (Silurian catfish-like placoderm with true jaw bones from China)

ZoPteryx

Don't worry fish lovers, I haven't forgotten you!  ;)

I hope to use this poll, and others like it, to gauge what types of creatures folks would like to see made for my (hopefully one day available) Mirificus Studios line of figures.  Keep in mind larger species will be made at 1:40 scale, and those smaller than 6 meters/20 feet in life will likely be made at larger scales (1:20, 1:6, 1:2, etc.).  If you want a species not listed here, please write your suggestion in the comments.

Have fun voting!  :D

I should also have some photos of prototypes to share later this month.  ^-^

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.