News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Kingdom

Started by E.D.G.E. (PainterRex), April 10, 2015, 04:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

I am surprised no one has yet posted this here. But there is another Jurassic Park styled game in the works. Has been for like almost two years now. They are striving to have the most accurate animals a prehistoric life game has ever had. They also fully plan on having animals from before during and after the dinosaurs from land, sea, and air. Their models also look amazing, not as much as saurian but still amazing. They're also going to have an option in game to allow players to have their dinosaurs with or without feathers/quills/etc.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/prehistorickingdom/timeline?ref=page_internal

Spinosaurus

Gallimimus (Without Feathers0

Dodo

Male Tyrannosaurus Rex (Without Feathers)

Female Tyrannosaurus Rex (Without Feathers)

Deinosuchus

Male Pachycephalosaurus

Female Pachycephalosaurus

Quetzacoatlus

Velociraptor (W. feathers)

Megalodon

Mosasaurus

Centrosaurus (W. Quills)

Centrosaurus (Without Quills)

Triceratops (Male & Female W. Quills)

Lythronax (Old)

Lambeosaurus/Parasaurlophus/ Olorotitan

Paleozoic Animals:

Yangchuanosaurus:

Torvosaurus:

In-Game Photos

Helicopter for Transportation
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

stargatedalek

One thing I find really cool about PK is the planned system of having research into an animals genome give a more accurate animal at higher research levels. The early research levels are typically based on the pop culture archetypes of the species (WWD, JP etc.).

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 10, 2015, 05:02:44 PM
One thing I find really cool about PK is the planned system of having research into an animals genome give a more accurate animal at higher research levels. The early research levels are typically based on the pop culture archetypes of the species (WWD, JP etc.).

That would have been cool, but unfortunately, they have stated that they are no longer going to have any connections with Jurassic Park after their departure from their earlier team (LONG LONG story). But they are going to do what you said with colors on the models, for example, brighter and more accurate colors the more complete the DNA is. Thanks for replying!
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

Patrx

Wow, I hadn't heard of this! The designs and premise seem very interesting.

DinoLord

I'm surprised I haven't heard of this until now - it looks awesome!

stargatedalek

Quote from: insecticon678 on April 10, 2015, 05:10:58 PMThat would have been cool, but unfortunately, they have stated that they are no longer going to have any connections with Jurassic Park after their departure from their earlier team (LONG LONG story). But they are going to do what you said with colors on the models, for example, brighter and more accurate colors the more complete the DNA is. Thanks for replying!
Ah yes, Jurassic Genetics, its to bad that a lot of people assume the worst of PK off the bat because of this.

I hadn't meant explicitly JP based, its really about the trope that the JP designs created and not about the JP designs per-se.

Something else they deserve a plus for is the way they did the quills/spines on their ceratopsians.

Brontozaurus

I'm quite excited for this one. As much as JPOG is a classic, it's so very limited in what you can actually do. Hopefully this one will deliver.

And naturally I'm going to go for the feathered option on EVERYTHING.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Pachyrhinosaurus

I had seen this a while ago, but didn't know of any progress until now. It reminds me of when I used to play Zoo Tycoon, they had a dinosaur expansion pack- but this game will be in 3D, obviously instead of 2D. Anyway, its good to see a game which takes accuracy as such a high priority.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

SpittersForEver

I haven't seen this yet, it looks great! There are so many dinosaur games coming out soon  ;D

Patrx

PK released a neat tech demo a few days ago! Has anyone else played it yet?

DinoLord

I played it; I found it to be a bit underwhelming. Unfortunately it seems the developers rushed quite a bit to get it out in time for JW. However, as they say,

QuoteAll major theme parks have delays.

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: Patrx on June 14, 2015, 10:13:38 PM
PK released a neat tech demo a few days ago! Has anyone else played it yet?

It is a very early "not-too-much-is-there" kind of demo. But hey, at least it is something!

stargatedalek

I tried but it wasn't optimized enough for me to run it. I suppose I could have tried changing settings manually in the code, but I feel I'd rather just wait until the next big thing that they do.

Also:

tyrantqueen

Manatee

Quite a nice feathered Gallimimus.

stargatedalek

They all look very nice, and they are all accurate to match except those darn scutes :/

Nanuqsaurus

Well, this might be necro-posting, but it's pretty cool news and I'm not sure if we need a new topic for it. The demo version of Prehistoric Kingdom is now available for free on Steam. I tried it, and it's really amazing. It's far from finished, but I can see it has a lot of potential. There are 4 dinosaurs available in the demo, Tyrannosaurus, Gallimimus, Velociraptor and Triceratops, each with multiple different skins. You can also place some paths, scenery, buildings, etc. I'd say give it a try! It's free and very impressive for any dinosaur fan! :)

CyborgDino

If anyone's interested, this game is on Kickstarter right now: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536990940/prehistoric-kingdom

(Also, pretty much all of the information and content shown in this thread is very outdated)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.