News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

So... Jurassic World Has A Baryonyx...

Started by IrritatorRaji, December 08, 2017, 03:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

And with Mattel behind the wheel...

Maybe this means we'll finally get a decent Baryonyx toy...?

Roselaar

Would be nice. I dig the two existing JP Bary toys, but I know they're far from decent Baryonyx representations.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on December 08, 2017, 03:59:01 AM
And with Mattel behind the wheel...

Maybe this means we'll finally get a decent Baryonyx toy...?

It depends what you mean by decent. If it's based on the movie version of 'Baryonyx' we've seen in the trailers, then it certainly won't be accurate. You'll be just as well off with the two existing Jurassic Park Baryonyx figures.

Someone needs to review the other one on the Dinotoyblog!

Faelrin

I hope we see a surge in its popularity like what happened with the Mosasaurus in JW (though surprisingly not many of the toy companies have produced figures of that genus yet). I'm also glad Carnotaurus will be back on the big screen for the same reason. I really hope Mattel has a figure for both of these. I also hope they get it close to the film design in sculpt, since surprisingly, the film design is pretty close to the real deal (in regards to the Carnotaurus. It's portrayed with a thinner skull for once). If not that, then hopefully someone puts out some models of them (although I've been clamoring for both of these creatures to made into figures, prior to seeing them confirmed in this film). I'd also love a repaint of Papo's Carnotaurus model based on the design of the one in FK, but that might be asking for too much.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Irritation

Quote from: Faelrin on December 08, 2017, 10:45:30 PM
I hope we see a surge in its popularity like what happened with the Mosasaurus in JW (though surprisingly not many of the toy companies have produced figures of that genus yet). I'm also glad Carnotaurus will be back on the big screen for the same reason. I really hope Mattel has a figure for both of these. I also hope they get it close to the film design in sculpt, since surprisingly, the film design is pretty close to the real deal (in regards to the Carnotaurus. It's portrayed with a thinner skull for once). If not that, then hopefully someone puts out some models of them (although I've been clamoring for both of these creatures to made into figures, prior to seeing them confirmed in this film). I'd also love a repaint of Papo's Carnotaurus model based on the design of the one in FK, but that might be asking for too much.
I was thinking of the same repaint colors for the Papo Carnotaurus.

Reptilia

Maybe a Baryonyx repaint is more likely for Papo, considering the original didn't get too much praise. If not literally reflecting the colour scheme we'll see in FK possibly a fresh restyle to take advantage of the popularity the movie will bring to that particular genus. I hope Collecta will come up with their own take in 2019 though.

IrritatorRaji

WELL IT WASN'T MATTEL BUT I GOT MY GOOD LOOKIN' BARYONYX!  ;D ;D

John

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on December 09, 2017, 06:02:50 PM
WELL IT WASN'T MATTEL BUT I GOT MY GOOD LOOKIN' BARYONYX!  ;D ;D

Given how prominent Baryonyx will be in the movie,it seems highly likely it will turn up in the new toy line.So you may end up with 2 instead of just one. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DC

There was a baby Baryonx form the JP series not that common.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DC on December 29, 2017, 08:11:36 PM
There was a baby Baryonx form the JP series not that common.

i think it went with the electronic one.

Lambeoraptor

Well it does make since the game has one  8)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.