You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hanseatic Retro Dinosaurs from Hagenbeck / Hamburg

Started by postsaurischian, February 01, 2018, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

These "life-sized" sculpts are from the Hamburg zoo Hagenbeck. I didn't manage to take pictures of all sculpts that are shown there.
So if someone has more pics, feel free to post them here. I was in Hamburg for the first time around 1976 - 1978 and all I was
remembering is that enormous Brontosaurus (how glad I am to be officially allowed to use that name again ;D) and my goal this time
was to take a pic of me next to that giant creature. Unfortunately (as you can see in the pic below) it's a Capybara enclosure now
and you're not allowed to set foot on it :P ;D. That was a bit frustrating and maybe the reason why I wasn't motivated enough
to take pictures of the whole set of sculpts. A mistake I should compensate for with my next visit.

Brontosaurus

Ichthyosaurus

Iguanodon

Stegosaurus attacked by Ceratosaurus (?)

Triceratops

ceratopsian

I have never seen a swimming/wallowing Triceratops before!  Perhaps he is too scared to come out of the water and face the rather aggressive Trike on the bank.

Patrx

That Brontosaurus looks like it's really hoping you can't see it.

Sinornis

These sculptures actually look like they were sculpted! Muscle definition is amazing! Once in a while, its nice to look back at see how things use to be interpreted. Nice photos, thanks for sharing!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I love the Triceratops "beach day " scene,  I saw it in a book ages ago, very creative.

Lanthanotus

Oh my... :D

You may have ssen the pictures I posted from the Berlin Zoo few weeks ago, those sculpt remind me of those. That puny Ceratosaurus nibbling on the gigantic Stegosaurus is hilarious.

Thanks for sharing, Helge.

Bokisaurus

Beautiful park and retro sculptures! I love this kind of stuff, thanks for posting. ^-^

postsaurischian

:) Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Patrx on February 01, 2018, 07:56:02 PM
That Brontosaurus looks like it's really hoping you can't see it.

:)) You really made me laugh. First I was a bit disappointed because of the shadowing. Now I think it's a great scene.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 02, 2018, 05:35:47 PM
Oh my... :D

You may have ssen the pictures I posted from the Berlin Zoo few weeks ago, those sculpt remind me of those. That puny Ceratosaurus nibbling on the gigantic Stegosaurus is hilarious.

Thanks for sharing, Helge.

Yes, I have seen your thread. Great photos :) . I also made one a few years back.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1694.msg41869#msg41869
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6453.msg191400#msg191400
Maybe one of the moderators has the time and wants to merge them.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.