You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Any Recommendations on good Paracatherium models?

Started by Beegfood, January 19, 2018, 03:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beegfood

Hi guys,

Have you got any recommendations on good Paracatherium(or Indricotherium)models?

Lanthanotus

Aside from the CollectA (which I would not recommend) there's nothing ready to buy out there. Malcom from Faunacasts made one, but it's not available anymore. I made myself one from a Schleich Rhinoceros (click!).

Pachyrhinosaurus

Sean Cooper of Paleocraft has a good one:

http://www.paleocraft.com/indricotherium3.html

I don't personally have it but I can say that Paleocraft kits come together really well and Sean Cooper does an excellent job at shipping them out.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Beegfood

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 19, 2018, 04:14:48 PM
Aside from the CollectA (which I would not recommend) there's nothing ready to buy out there. Malcom from Faunacasts made one, but it's not available anymore. I made myself one from a Schleich Rhinoceros (click!).

Sadly, I cant make customs :'(

Beegfood

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 19, 2018, 05:05:36 PM
Sean Cooper of Paleocraft has a good one:

http://www.paleocraft.com/indricotherium3.html

I don't personally have it but I can say that Paleocraft kits come together really well and Sean Cooper does an excellent job at shipping them out.

Thats way too expensive!!!
But thanks for answering :)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Beegfood on January 19, 2018, 05:25:45 PM

It isn't as hard as one might think.... mine may not be perfect, but it fits for me and is still capable of withstanding some play (got a 3 year old son who likes to borrow my figures). All you need is a figure to customize (in this case Schleich's current rhino, ca. 8 €), a very sharp knife, bit of strong wire, Fixit/Apoxie Sculpt (ca.  15 to 20 € for two containers that will give you a lot of material for many customs) and a bit of paint. I can only recommend to try, cause there's not much too loose, but much to gain and there are a lot of figures out there with great potential to be even better or something completly different!

CityRaptor

There is also the Joy City one, but that is rather small.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Beegfood

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 20, 2018, 09:51:22 AM
Quote from: Beegfood on January 19, 2018, 05:25:45 PM

It isn't as hard as one might think.... mine may not be perfect, but it fits for me and is still capable of withstanding some play (got a 3 year old son who likes to borrow my figures). All you need is a figure to customize (in this case Schleich's current rhino, ca. 8 €), a very sharp knife, bit of strong wire, Fixit/Apoxie Sculpt (ca.  15 to 20 € for two containers that will give you a lot of material for many customs) and a bit of paint. I can only recommend to try, cause there's not much too loose, but much to gain and there are a lot of figures out there with great potential to be even better or something completly different!

I might try someday, but what knofe do you use?

Beegfood

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 20, 2018, 09:56:50 AM

Where could you buy it, except for Aldi?

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Beegfood on January 20, 2018, 11:55:34 AM

I mainly use scalpels (medical grade, blade #10), you can buy them cheap at the local apothecary. However, to to bigger cuts (like cutting off a limb from a figure) it is recommended to heat the figure in boiled water. This makes cutting through the material much easier and less prone to accidentally cut yourself.

Beegfood

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 20, 2018, 12:08:05 PM
Quote from: Beegfood on January 20, 2018, 11:55:34 AM

I mainly use scalpels (medical grade, blade #10), you can buy them cheap at the local apothecary. However, to to bigger cuts (like cutting off a limb from a figure) it is recommended to heat the figure in boiled water. This makes cutting through the material much easier and less prone to accidentally cut yourself.

Thanks!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Beegfood on January 20, 2018, 11:56:10 AM

One was sold a few weeks ago on eBay, alongside some other Joy City prehistoric mammals. Sold for 2 Euros.
Oh no

Beegfood

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 20, 2018, 03:33:41 PM
Quote from: Beegfood on January 20, 2018, 11:56:10 AM

One was sold a few weeks ago on eBay, alongside some other Joy City prehistoric mammals. Sold for 2 Euros.

Ah ok.
Thanks!

CityRaptor

You are welcome. I suggest looking in lots. Probably also non-prehistoric animal lots, given that a layperson may confuse it for a horse. ( And given all the fantasy junk that ends up in the Dinosaurier & Urtiere section.  )
Oh no

SBell

There is also an Indricotherium from the COG Prehistoric Panorama series.

Which, by the way, is another search term to use--Baluchitherium, Indricotherium and Paraceratherium are often used interchangeably.

Beegfood

Quote from: SBell on January 21, 2018, 04:05:09 AM
There is also an Indricotherium from the COG Prehistoric Panorama series.

Which, by the way, is another search term to use--Baluchitherium, Indricotherium and Paraceratherium are often used interchangeably.

OK, thanks.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'm just waiting for Doug to make one for Safari

Beegfood

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on February 09, 2018, 10:00:10 PM
I'm just waiting for Doug to make one for Safari

Me too. I always wanted an Indricotherium model since I first saw Walking with Beasts!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.