News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Huntsman prey. ...

Started by Huntsman, May 22, 2018, 06:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

The Dinosaur Hunters definitely is a good read.  Congrats to the Lambeosaurus! Here in SCHLEICH land  it is good to see someone acquire the mostly much better Bullyland figures.

stegosauria

Quote from: Huntsman on June 17, 2018, 07:24:13 PM
And a giveaway. It is stamped "Scelidosaurus" but I'm really in doubt ...

I have this figure too! I haven't met with another of this figure since I got mine and that was in 2004. Sorry but I can't give you much more info. I found mine in an Auchen after it just opened near Székesfehérvár in Hungary and there was an Iguanodon with the same colours. And yeah it doesn't really look like a basal armoured dino.

Huntsman

Huntsman reporting ...

Schleich Apatosaurus 2002
No-name parasaurolophus (but i'm sure, I've seen this beast before  ...)
"Callovosaurus" from  a surprise-egg. As C. is only known from a broken femur, the sculptor showed a lot of fantasy. Anyhow, it doesn't look live a dryaeosaurid. And then there are those big claws...

DinoCollection is a triple feature:
Raptor: using material from the Carnotaur-series a "new" movie was created  -  gore and plot holes.  Roger Goreman  (pun intended) at his  best worst best oh my...
Lost world: 1925. Dialogue cards  were removed and everything dubbed in German. Okay...
Journey to the beginning of time: original version "Reise in die Urzeit" without the "bookends" (US boys visiting a museum). Still a little gem ...

Projekt Dino:
Hardcover, 180 pages. A report on the expedition to Niger leading to the excavation of Spinophorosaurus nigerense 2007 - 2009. Throughout color illustrations - lovely ... and there seems to  be a DVD without even more material...

Body count: 34/28 species

Shonisaurus

My congratulations Huntsman for your new and rare acquisitions.

Libraraptor

'Projekt Dino ' is a good read about Dinosaur excavations of mostly Jobaria and Spinophorosaurus in Niger.

PlesiosaurusNessy

Congrats to this wonderful acquisitions, the book sounds very interesting and I like the Para very much, he is a no name
chinasaur. You really have an excellent hand,finding very special rare items!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Huntsman

Yesterday was flea market again, But it was really hot,  and even my smartphone wenn out of funktion ...

Anyway, I made some prey:
Allosaurus (Schleich 2007)
Suchimimus (Wiild Safari)
Iguanodon and Struthiomimus by CollectA
... and a lovely book with lots  of illustrations by Zdenek Burian :)

Finally I have to confess that I bought  the Hypsilophodon-diorama in an Internet-shop and payed the full prize  ...

Shonisaurus

Congratulations on your new acquisitions. Perhaps what I highlight most about your new collectible pieces is the book with Zdenek Budian illustrations, it must be very interesting indeed, Budian is a myth between modern and modern paleoilustrators.

Huntsman

And he  also  illustrated lots of oher books, e.g.  Jules Verne and Karl  May...

Libraraptor

I ask myself at which flea market one finds CollectAs.  My experience shows flea markets in Germany are mostly contaminated and overfilled with Schleichs and Chinasaurs.

Huntsman

Well, Rheinaue market is one of Germany's biggest: 4 km ways  (pedestrians only) and about  1.500  sellers. Professionals  and new items are not allowed ...
Of course there are lots and even more lots of Schleich, in high esteem  (?) by their owners and everything else  is regarded by them as  inferior, I think. Until now nobody showed me a model and said proudly: " It's made by CollectA !"
And of course I have to walk a lot....

Huntsman

Well,.with 300 £  I could get a lot of dinos, but  then I would have to give them to an auction. Better to work with less money and keep the prey...  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.