News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Huntsman prey. ...

Started by Huntsman, May 22, 2018, 06:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntsman

And so it begins ...
IT all started with the Schleich stegosaurus. Meanwhile I own a dozen toys. They are  presents, were found on the internet or flea markets. The guy came with a Tamiya 1:35 kit.

My books are a little bit outdated, but I love to see  pictures :)

Of course there are also some DVDs: the usual suspects and some B-movies:

Of course I'll show you my new aquisitions.  Thanks for looking  :)
Body count: 34/28 species

Shonisaurus

It is a magnificent collection Huntsman, are represented in your collection the best figures of dinosaurs of Schleich. I highlight especially the Schleich parasaurolophus of the Humbold Museum in Berlin, the latest version that for me is the best figure of parasaurolophus made by the Schleich brand.

On the other hand you have the best replicas of dinosaurs made by the brand Schleich, pentaceratops, kentrosaurus, psittacosaurus, stegosaurus and carnotaurus among other figures.

Besides, you have figures like Collecta's ouranosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus from Collecta 2013 that for me is one of the best figures of that toy creature.

I congratulate you on your collection.

PlesiosaurusNessy

A very good little collection! I like especially all Dinos of the Stegosaurus Family, Kentrosaurus and Miragaia and I am a fan of the
red Pentaceratops!

The Parasaurolophus is a wonderful kind of Dino,too, I like and collect a lot figures of the Parasaurolophus, it not depends,who
is the manufacturer!
Your dino book and DVD collection looks very interesting, too!

Keep growing your collection and happy further dino collecting!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Halichoeres

I also have some old dinosaur books with outdated art. Doesn't make the art any less beautiful!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Huntsman

Was on the fleamarket and got a mixed bag:

Schleich's Parasaurolophus (my second, color partly rubbed off, but  not  too  bad)
and "Saichania"
RUKD Brachiosaurus 1986 (These seams ... pure nostalgia:),
-"- Pachycephalosaurus - a real ugly guy, beging for some color and a
China "Babyceratops" to go with the herd ...

New  books  (for me at last):
DK pocket encyclopedia (table  of contents showed so many species unknown to me ...)
Courtillot about mass extinctions and palaeovulcanism

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your new Huntsman acquisitions, especially for the books whose content, like every book of prehistoric animals in my case and general science, are interesting and do not leave anyone I think indifferent.

Huntsman

Another week passed  ...

From fleamarket and e*** I got  Lambeosaurus and Tenontosaurus, and in my  hometown 's online toyshop I  found Mantellisaurus and Giganotosaurus  (that's a real big one  :)

I  hope "Dinosaur hunters" will be a good read  -  about the  beginnings of dinosaur palaeontology in queen Victoria's England.

Shonisaurus

I am very happy Huntsman that you have achieved these beauties of figures you have been lucky to have found them in the flea market Bullyland lambeosaurus is my favorite figure of the group with Collecta's mantellisaurus. On the other hand the giganotosaurus of Schleich despite the criticism that has suffered is for me a pretty good figure.

The fourth figure I do not know what company it belongs to, can it be Collecta? Honestly, it does not sound good.

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 03, 2018, 07:47:56 PM
The fourth figure I do not know what company it belongs to, can it be Collecta? Honestly, it does not sound good.

I believe the fourth figure is the CollectA Tenontosaurus, which isn't an amazing figure by any means, but one of the better figures from CollectA's early days.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on June 03, 2018, 07:50:46 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 03, 2018, 07:47:56 PM

I believe the fourth figure is the CollectA Tenontosaurus, which isn't an amazing figure by any means, but one of the better figures from CollectA's early days.

If you're right is Collecta's tenontosaurus, what happens is that the figure did not look good and he thought that his head was not tilted.

Huntsman

Yes, it's CollectA's. The review wasn't  so bad, and there is no other model than David Krentz'.
I like this ugly  duckling  :)

Roselaar

Looking good! Some really cool figures there. And a lot of Schleich. :)

Huntsman

Weil, that's Germany ..
Schleicht dominates the market, and if you collect on a budget, you'll always find lots of used Schleichs.

BlueKrono

Nice catch on that Lambeo! I hope you didn't pay too much for it.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Huntsman

Last week's aquisitions:

The "Atlas" contains a lot of maps of e.g. Mongolia, Isle of Wight etc. and shows the there found dinosaurs in a geographical and chronological context (lots of illustrations by Luis Rey). The other  is a childrens book ...

Ich bought Papo's spino  some % of to compliment the juvenile, and Schleich's Saltasaurus. Witz the therizinosaurus I should have members of all groups of theropods ...

Got for 1 € this ceratopsian and couldn't identify it. Meanwhile we know it's a triceratops baby by Chap Mei  -  really  :)
Big enough for a Utahraptor? The guy is 52 mm toll  -  1:35
And another BlueRay. Should be "Marching with the Dinosaurs".

Jose S.M.

Nice acquisition, the atlas sounds interesting.

Shonisaurus

Truly Schleich's saltasaurus is a figure comparable in genius to his Carnegie counterpart. Collecta's standard therizinosaurus is perhaps even better than its Collecta deluxe pair.

On the other hand the styracosaurus of Chap Mei is a cool figure and I see that you have the utahraptor of Schleich small version, I have it on my desk as an ornament.

On the other hand congratulate you for the other acquisitions of books and for your spinosaurus by Papo, for me one of the best figures made by a toy company and especially by Papo although it is based on the Jurassic Park movie.

Huntsman

Last fleamarket's prey  -  this three pieces for 10 €.  Very happy about the pachy  :))

And a giveaway. It is stamped "Scelidosaurus" but I'm really in doubt ...

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Huntsman for your new acquisitions, the corythosaurus of Schleich is one of the ones that I like the most from the Humbold era of Berlin together with the edmontosaurus are the most beautiful hadrosaurs made by that company, even better than the parasaurolophus of the Humbold Museum.

The pachyrhinosaurus of Papo is a very good work and the same can be said of the edmontonia of Schleich another of the great works of Schleich and the most important thing that you have come out cheap for ten dollars.

Jose S.M.

The a Edmontonia is from Schleich too right? It and the Corythosaurus are really nice for "retro" figures, and the Papo Pachyrhinosaurus is one of the best herbivores from them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: