News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat Cryolophosaurus is retired

Started by stegosauria, March 09, 2018, 08:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stegosauria

Sorry for the bad news guys but it seems the Cryolophosaurus is retired. I got an email from Sue from EverythingDinosaur that they got the last stock of them and 'there will be no more production'. So its production's already stopped or will be soon.

So now it is the last chance to acquire this figure for a normal price.

IrritatorRaji

sauroid

thankfully i have this already *sigh of relief*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Doug Watson

It still says "out of stock" on the Everything Dinosaur web site.

stegosauria

In February I asked Sue about them because the Cryolophosaurus was still out of stock while the other 10 not. Now she could answer me that this will be the last stock of them in the UK and asked me to put one aside for (big yes please). I suggest you to contact them if they still have them. Maybe from American retailers it can be obtained but in the UK this is the last.

Jose S.M.

The Cryolophosaurus is on their 2018 catalog. I thought it was safe for retirement at least for this year.

stegosauria

I thought the same and mentioned that to Sue too and she answered their Battat UK adviser said there will be no more production. But after the giant articulated theropods and there's nothing news about the unreleased figures who knows what Battat will do?

Shonisaurus

It is a pity that descataloguen in Batol cryolophosaurus for me one of the best on the market, although it was expected.  :-\

Good thing I have it on my shelves. For me it was a great acquisition thanks to the Everythingdinosaur store whose treatment with customers is outstanding in every way.

Dinomike

What a shame! I wonder if it will start selling at high price on eBay like all the other retired models.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Doug Watson

Quote from: stegosauria on March 09, 2018, 03:58:07 PM
In February I asked Sue about them because the Cryolophosaurus was still out of stock while the other 10 not. Now she could answer me that this will be the last stock of them in the UK and asked me to put one aside for (big yes please). I suggest you to contact them if they still have them. Maybe from American retailers it can be obtained but in the UK this is the last.

I contacted them and Mike said the new stock of Cryolophosaurus are already spoken for by people who had already requested them. I was able to order two of the other new sculpts by Dan so I will watch eBay for the Cryo. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Reptilia

I was under the impression that the entire Terra line was about to be discontinued. I don't see the point of retiring one single model out of a line that is dead anyway.

amargasaurus cazaui

To me it feels like they are just exhausting existing stock...if that were the case it is possible they could then follow by releasing some of the unseen pieces once they have.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stegosauria

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 09, 2018, 07:51:57 PM
Quote from: stegosauria on March 09, 2018, 03:58:07 PM

I contacted them and Mike said the new stock of Cryolophosaurus are already spoken for by people who had already requested them. I was able to order two of the other new sculpts by Dan so I will watch eBay for the Cryo. Thanks for the tip anyway.

I'm sorry that all of them are already claimed. Ask someone from the USA to buy one for you if there are some in Target strores.
Always was suspicious for me that Cryolophosaurus figures never appeared in the Canadian stores (at least that was what forum members wrote here) so maybe they planned its retiring for a while. But don't understand why it wasn't announced. Sue and Mike couldn't get a good stock of them. Their Nanshiungosaurus stock lasted one and a half year circa. Now they just have a few for some people who was interested in them.

QuoteI was under the impression that the entire Terra line was about to be discontinued. I don't see the point of retiring one single model out of a line that is dead anyway.

Why do you have that impression? They just retired two figures from the 12 (but that's really a shame because they are wonderful models).

Reptilia

Quote from: stegosauria on March 09, 2018, 09:15:35 PM
Why do you have that impression?

Because of people saying that those figures were becoming scarcer and scarcer on the shops' shelves, plus cause the prehistoric line has been de facto abandoned by Battat. At least until they came up with that odd rehash of electronic toys.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.